Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
Sorry for the confusion in my original post!!

What originally appeared to be a $800 refund transitioned into a tax due payment of $600 on the amended return -- a difference of $1400!!!!! Ouch!

The error came about from a medical deduction of approximately $6000 that was later seen to be only $2500. If anyone can tell me how to contact the IRS (a human) by phone I would appreciate it. I would prefer not to have to pay interest on the $800 check I received from the government.

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.