UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: deanfv Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 26  
Subject: Re: Lost in the UK Date: 4/29/1998 8:15 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Sorry it has taken me so long to post. I've been buying up long positions at firesale prices.

Still long on the stock; am convinced that the CA alliance, the product and leadership are rock solid. I've got a broker friend who swears by the stock also.

Some of the major players I suspect have bought and sold on the 12 to 17 oscillations, playing on the brief spurts up and down. I would have joined in the latest movements, but was mistaken that the profitable 1 cent quarter would keep them up.

Short seller positions are near an all time low to 60,000 see this site: http://www.viwes.com/invest/shorts/query.cgi. If you do check out that site you'll see that the shorters played on the short in April at 16 (most recent post earnings surge). Volume is way up, which only encourages the short sellers.

Institutional holdings are up to 6.5% and Soros does have a large position through his White Rock holdings firm.

CA has been pumping out the news articles this week. Should hopefully see some favorable Y2K articles from the CA World Wide conference.

Management have NOT announced any sales of their positions, but the private placement lots are taking some profits. NOthing wrong with taking profits. When management bails, I will reconsider.

WIth only 5 contracts in 1Q/98 and 17 new contracts in work, 2Q will be better.

Y2K is definitely out of favor for the reasons you mentioned in your earlier post - lots of hype followed by little or no results. Only a few companies are going to deliver tools (shrink wrapped so that internal IT/MIS staff can remediate the problem) and services (contract work). This plays well into IAIC's favor. Stay long and make money.

I am staying tuned to the various message boards, conference calls and broker info and can't come up with a reason why this stock won't take off. They get a C minus in promoting themselves, but I opine that management wants to let the results speak for themselves.

Dean
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Foolanthropy 2014!
By working with young, first-time moms, Nurse-Family Partnership is able to truly change lives – for generations to come.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

Looking at Currency Ratios
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement