Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Sorry Jean,

I didn't mean to make you work so hard.

Your first post was crystal clear, follow the trend... makes perfect sense.

I was attempting to poke some fun at myself and TASR by suggesting neither myself nor TASR followed the norm. Unfortunately, for some reason I didn't check a recent chart of TASR before jumping in. Otherwise, I would have noticed the declining MACD and the negative money flow... whoops.

I hope I can salvage this tomorrow. Maybe an early morning limit order, to catch some unlucky market order (just joking again). The link to your chart showed 10 days, not intraday.

Scottrade has a real-time intraday 1-minute ticker w/ volume indicator, which I was watching. That's probably why I forgot to look at the big picture. No MACD or Stochastic indicator for the real-time chart.

This is just me, but I will not buy a stock if the price is dropping, thinking I can see support at X. I will wait until that support actually occurs and the price turns up (a higher high and a higher low on the price bar). Do I catch all the run....nope, but I'm pretty sure it is going in the "right" direction when I enter the trade.

Foolish!!
I'm learning, and I've got some room to experiment with TASR.

Tye
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement