UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: OldFatherHubbord Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 704  
Subject: Re: Looking for opinions.... Date: 3/2/2001 10:34 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Sorry, that was a burst of enthusiasm.

If you believe that God is omniscient and omnipotent, there is no action that can be taken to change God's will.

This would mean that everything in the world that happens is according to the will of G'd. I do not believe this. If I were a christian (and I am not), I would say how humanity is fulfilling satans will by its actions. The whole free will thing that we have allows us to choose between good (G'ds will) and evil (not G'ds will) Thing like abortion, environmental degredation, capitalism, sweatshops, overdevelopement, foosle fuels, etc is not in accordance with the will of G'd. This doesn't mean that He is not omnipotent, it means that He chooses to allow His children (humanity)to learn responsability for their own actions. If we say "Everything that happens is supposed to happen" then there is no reason to try and change things for the better. It is not good to just accept the world as is and grin and bear it. We have our own wills and consciences for a reason. It is to try and do G'd will, not to automatically do it.

Gee, I am regretting responding as Old Father Hubbord. The above post is just the kind of thing I would say as Gaias01stservant and/or 1EON.

Guiding with the light,
the shepherd (hmmm, perhaps I'd say it too, afterall! Interesting
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Berkshire Hathaway

Starting a Small Business
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement