No. of Recommendations: 0
Sorry to jump into a day old thread, but here's a quick question.

I've subscribed to two of the big three CRA's, and can check my report and score as often as I want. In so doing, it appears that the score ranges vary slightly between the agencies, and a given score can represent a different percentile. For example, a 720 credit score with Company A might be higher than 65% of the population, but a 720 score with Company B would be higher than only 55% of the population.

Given the statement I've read by Catherine (as well as reading similar information from other sources), can I assume that lenders pay little attention to these differences between the 3 bureaus, and simply take the 3 scores and use the middle score, even though a score from one company may not be equivalent to the same score from another company?

(This is probably academic, as our credit scores are in the range where it should make little difference, but it's still good to know)

-synchronicity
Print the post  

Announcements

Useful Resources
Our Home Center has all you need to make buying and owning a home a great experience. Get or refinance a mortgage and much more!
Buying/Selling a Home FAQ

Mortgage Professor
Offsite resource for mortgage questions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement