UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: masterwjm Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 76237  
Subject: Re: Is my employer breaking the law? Date: 7/31/2001 6:23 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Sorry WiseNLucky I should have updated the circumstances.

I haven't had a contribution to my plan since 5/17. That means they have missed both the 6/21 and 7/21 deadlines already.

I have asked the plan administrator about when the next installment should go in and he said "Last one went out two weeks ago. Problem with posting until we know what we are doing with the company change. I will keep you advised." Company change refers to the company going from LLP to LLC. This transition was supposed to have occured on July 1 and in fact I got my most recent paycheck from the LLC name about two weeks ago. Regardless, it shouldn't have anything to do with the 6/21 deadline which should have been submitted *before* the name change occured.

Therefore, I have concluded that they are breaking the law and want to correct the problem. I don't, however, want to jeopardize the relationship and would therefore like to bring this up in an anonymous (or at least non-threatening) manner.

Thanks for the info about what it is like to be an Administrator. It sounds like a thankless job. My employer is only about 2 years old and uses ADP for payroll processing. I would *assume* it would be rather simple for them to administrate the 401(K) submissions since I am sure ADP can easily show them the deductions, but I may be wrong.

Thanks for the info, if you have any more thoughts i would love to hear them.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

The Retire Early Home Page
Discussion on accelerating retirement day.
Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Post of the Day:
Saul's Investing Discussions

Why Did I Buy a Bunch of PFIE Today?
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement