No. of Recommendations: 1
Sounds like the calculators haven't been updated for all the new changes. Under certain conditions, you can contribute up to $13,500 into your 403(b) - $11,000 base amount for 2002, $1,000 catch-up if you are over 50, and $1,500 additional catch-up if you have been with the same employer for at least 15 years. The following IRS web page regarding Publication 571 has the answers. You want chapter 9 off the menu.,,i1%3D50%26genericId%3D12511,00.html

While you are there, check out the provisions of chapter 8. Starting in 2002, contributions to your 403(b) do not affect contributions to a 457 plan. Most employers who offer a 404(b) plan are usuallu eligible to offer the 457 in addition.
Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.