Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: RayleneEvans Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 121185  
Subject: S&P index vs Spyders Date: 12/27/2000 11:51 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I'm wanting to put $$ into an S&P index fund and just keep adding to it as money comes along. They seem to have low turnover rates. Or would I be better off buying Spyders? No turnover rate there. Which would you buy? And Why? Pls reply to MsEvansInCA@att.net
Print the post Back To Top
Author: jbking Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 43530 of 121185
Subject: Re: S&P index vs Spyders Date: 12/27/2000 11:56 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 4
SPDRs do have turnover rates and some do make capital gains distributions(MDY being a big one that every year has a CG distribution to pay out).

Here's a link to an article comparing VTGIX, VFINX and SPY in terms of pre-tax and post-tax returns over the past few years:

http://news.morningstar.com/news/Wire/0,1230,3236,00.html

(If the link doesn't work, the article is called, "Can Exchange-traded Funds Relieve Your Tax Pain?" found in the ETF section on Morningstar.com.)

JB

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement