UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (268) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: jgc123 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 60164  
Subject: Re: Claiming SS Without Guilt Date: 3/27/2007 1:21 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 56
SP:

" the truth is VERY malleable,"

I think your reply again highlights the real problem I have with most of the conservative posters.

Most conservative posters here at tmf give lip service to phrases like "personal responsibility" and "there is an objective truth" but they really believe what you believe - that the truth is what you say it is regardless of facts.

I think certain things are objectively true albeit sometimes complicated. The claim that we can cut taxes and balance the budget knowing full well that we are not going to find enough tax cuts to pay for it, is often a lie. Lying to get elected is a winning strategy right now, but it is taking us straight down the toilet.

Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (268) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Managing Your Wealth
Our own TMFHockeypop from Rule Your Retirement fame on the TV show Managing Your Wealth.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement