Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: crikescrikes Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Motley Fool One Everlasting Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1388  
Subject: Spare a golden egg without killing the goose? Date: 9/23/2012 11:18 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
Jason

Last week you replied to my post where I mentioned that my daughter didn't want to kill the goose that lays the golden egg.

After watching your video with Scott Harrison, I was compelled to want to get involved, but I don't want people to kill their goose; just send an egg to Scott Harrison's charity: water campaign.

Can you help me spread this message:
http://mycharitywater.org/donation-from-my-stock-investment-...

Thanks
crikescrikes
Print the post Back To Top
Author: TMFJMo Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1230 of 1388
Subject: Re: Spare a golden egg without killing the goose Date: 9/24/2012 9:32 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Wow, very cool Eddie. (I'm reading that correctly, right?)

I think we can help spread that word for you. Lemme see what I can do.

Foolish best,

Jason

Author: TMFJMo Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1231 of 1388
Subject: Re: Spare a golden egg without killing the goose Date: 9/24/2012 9:55 AM
Recommendations: 1
OK, I just Tweeted it out on my feed to about 1,100 folks and luckily for us the powers that be saw it fit to then reTweet that on the main Fool Twitter feed which has a couple more followers...about 347,000.

An awesome cause; donate to a Fool's @charitywater campaign right here and read why "In Eddie's words..." http://mycharitywater.org/p/campaign?campaign_id=30754 … #investbetter

I bet we may even see Charity: Water do something too.

Foolish best,

Jason

Author: vitrified Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Global Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1232 of 1388
Subject: Re: Spare a golden egg without killing the goose Date: 9/24/2012 11:56 AM
Recommendations: 1
Eddie, this is awesome and amazing (everyone should watch the video and the link). I feel privileged just to be part of the Fool community with people like you. I can't make a contribution immediately, though I have bookmarked the page and will do so.

-Bob

Author: crikescrikes Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Motley Fool One Everlasting Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1233 of 1388
Subject: Re: Spare a golden egg without killing the goose Date: 9/24/2012 3:22 PM
Recommendations: 4
<<<reTweet that on the main Fool Twitter feed which has a couple more followers...about 347,000.>>>

Jason
Thanks!!
I sure hope that out of 347,000, 4 Fools (or 200 Fools @ $20) will step up to help meet the goal.

For me, the timing of your interview with Scott Harrison - on the same week as the launch of Invest Better Day - was perfect. Being able to build a life changing water well from just a small percentage of my Foolish portfolio gains is a great way to get a message to new investors that long term investing can help change their own life, and someone else's.

Maybe on the 10th anniversary of Invest Better Day there will be many more Fools who reflect on a decade of market beating gains and decide to support a cause they believe in.

Fool on
crikescrikes

PS: I'll throw in a chance to win a round trip to Maui for 2 . I will enter all donors names (into my jesters cap) who make a donation before midnight Sept 25, 1012 to

http://mycharitywater.org/p/campaign/?campaign_id=30754

Then from the jester's cap I will draw one (1) name to enter in the drawing for the Maui trip (http://www.pacificwhale.org/content/whale-regatta ).
Be sure to send me your info by checking the box titled "E-Mail this Reply to the Author" choice below the "post reply" block.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement