Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
Hello All! Todd Etter just pointed me to this board and I have found myself buried in wonderment and bliss. I absolutely adore gaming and find that a good night of gaming with friends far outweighs any movie or barfly experience I have had.

For my first contribution I want to offer up my favorite game, Voyager (also Voyager II and III). Haven't heard of it you say?

Well, here's the scoop...

When I was about 9 my dad brought home 2 huge pieces of poster board. Together we drafted a map of the world and each night we would sit down and strategize about what kind of a game we wanted to create. We started by making pathways around the world, incorporating ports and "special stops". We then started creating a deck of questions that you had to answer at each port and "special stop". As the months went on, the game became more elaborate and creative. To this day, I know I learned the first two stanzas of the "Rhyme of the Ancient Mariner" and all of the major capital cities in Africa from this game. As current events would happen world wide, we would incorporate them (learned a lot about the war in Azerbaijan this way).

As the years went on, we created newer and harder versions. This truly is one of my best childhood memories, and probably what launched me into loving games so much.

So for those of you who have kids... try it. I can't tell you how much I loved it.

I look forward to reading more and hopefully contributing more. Boy do I have stories of the evils of Diplomacy in college... Fool On!

Nina Baldacci
TMF Sherlock
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement