Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Speaking of sausage/ground meat.....I've always had a problem with it because most of the time, I'd eat a piece of gristle or bone that was it...it grosses me out. A long time ago, I bit into a hot dog and looked at it and it looked like a part of some sort....I nearly gagged and didn't eat hot dogs again for a long time. They are not part of my food plan and I can't tell you the last time I had a hot dog.

Speaking of cleanliness in restaurants.....Sometimes it's best not to think of how it looks in the kitchen. When I had Orkin treating my house for bugs and mice decades ago, every one of those guys would tell me that they stopped eating in restaurants because of what they found in the kitchens. So, just don't think about it and keep your immune system up.

I would have poisoned myself long ago and I did once....didn't cook a turkey all the way through....made me one heck of a sick dog. But other than that I haven't and through the years of cooking for myself, I haven't been all that diligent about washing fruits and veggies I get from the store and I sure as heck didn't wash chicken.....ewww! And after cooking, I might have left the food rest in the oven a day or two. I'm still living. If anything smelled funky or looked funny or fuzzy...well, I'm not stupid so of course, I would throw that out. :0

It's interesting to note that doc's say a lot of peanut allergies are caused by parents who restrict any ingestion of them while the kids are young. That exposure to all sorts of substances tends to build up the immune system.

Word of the day: Vexilological
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement