Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: lstokes1 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 121272  
Subject: Specific Identification Date: 7/17/2001 9:34 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
With regard to specifically identifing stock to sell, how do you meet the requirements of specifing the stock to the broker and receiving confirmation of your request when you are dealing with a discount broker, such as Charles Schwab. In other words, you don't have a "broker". Your trades are made on-line.

I know I could e-mail my request to specify the shares and keep a copy of my e-mail I sent and who knows where the e-mail will end up. But what about the most important part of receiving confirmation from them.

Any experience in this???
Print the post Back To Top
Author: pmarti Big funky green star, 20000 posts Home Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 52602 of 121272
Subject: Re: Specific Identification Date: 7/17/2001 11:54 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
With regard to specifically identifing stock to sell, how do you meet the requirements of specifing the stock to the broker and receiving confirmation of your request when you are dealing with a discount broker, such as Charles Schwab.

There's an extensive discussion of this in the FAQ.

Phil Marti

Author: lstokes1 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 52627 of 121272
Subject: Re: Specific Identification Date: 7/18/2001 10:38 AM
Recommendations: 0
Thanks a lot, Phil!!!!

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement