UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (13) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: rigoletto39 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 63173  
Subject: Spider Man III Date: 5/14/2007 2:21 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
We finally saw it over the weekend.

Did anybody else notice the walkon by Stan Lee?

In the first half, he's the guy who comes into the frame (from the left) with Parker and says "... one man can make a difference".
Print the post Back To Top
Author: Myownigloo Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 48278 of 63173
Subject: Re: Spider Man III Date: 5/14/2007 2:33 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0

Did anybody else notice the walkon by Stan Lee?

I haven't seen Spidey yet and will probably wait until I visit DD, so I'll be glad to have an edge on her by knowing this. Thanks!

Author: kenm47 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 48279 of 63173
Subject: Re: Spider Man III Date: 5/14/2007 2:44 PM
Doesn't Lee do a cameo in each of them?

Ken

Author: rigoletto39 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 48280 of 63173
Subject: Re: Spider Man III Date: 5/14/2007 3:00 PM
Doesn't Lee do a cameo in each of them?

I wondered about that, afterwards - but I don't remember seeing him in the others.

Author: rigoletto39 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 48281 of 63173
Subject: Re: Spider Man III Date: 5/14/2007 3:04 PM
I haven't seen Spidey yet and will probably wait until I visit DD, so I'll be glad to have an edge on her by knowing this.

Have you seen pix of him? One "trademark" seems to be the glasses:

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://i.imdb.com/Photos/Events/2026/StanLee_Grani_1215356_400.jpg&imgrefurl=http://imdb.com/gallery/granitz/2026/Events/2026/StanLee_Grani_1215356_400.jpg.html%3Fhint%3Dtt0286716&h=400&w=278&sz=34&hl=en&start=12&um=1&tbnid=lkPA1cwbEBKJnM:&tbnh=124&tbnw=86&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dstan%2Blee%26svnum%3D10%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26rls%3DITVA,ITVA:2007-19,ITVA:en%26sa%3DN

(The link works for me - if not for you, just Google Images for 'stan lee')

Author: kenm47 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 48282 of 63173
Subject: Re: Spider Man III Date: 5/14/2007 3:35 PM
Recommendations: 3
"Doesn't Lee do a cameo in each of them?

I wondered about that, afterwards - but I don't remember seeing him in the others."

See:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stan_Lee

"With the exception of X-Men 2, Stan Lee appears in every Marvel Comic movie based on characters he helped create. He did not appear in Elektra, The Punisher, Blade, or Ghost Rider.

* In the TV-movie The Trial of the Incredible Hulk (1989), Lee's first appearance in a Marvel movie or TV project is as jury foreman in the trial of Dr. David Banner.
* Lee has cameo roles in the Fox Broadcasting Company telefilms Generation X (1996) and Nick Fury: Agent of Shield (1998)
* In X-Men (2000), Lee appears as a hotdog vendor on the beach when Senator Kelly materializes naked onshore after escaping from Magneto.
* He narrated the Troma film Citizen Toxie: The Toxic Avenger Part IV (2001) under the pseudonym "Peter Parker".
* In Spider-Man (2002), he appeared during Spider-Man's first battle with the Green Goblin, pulling a little girl away from falling debris.
* In Daredevil (2003), the blind child, Matt Murdock, stops Lee from crossing the street and getting hit by a car.
* In Hulk (2003), he appears walking alongside former TV-series Hulk Lou Ferrigno in an early scene, both as security guards at Bruce Banner's lab.
* In Spider-Man 2 (2004), Lee again pulls an innocent person away from danger during Spider-Man's first battle with Doctor Octopus.
* In Fantastic Four (2005), Lee appears for the first time as a character from the comics, in a role credited as Willie Lumpkin, the mail carrier who greets the Fantastic Four as they enter the Baxter Building elevator.
* In X-Men: The Last Stand (2006), Lee and Chris Claremont appear as two of Jean Grey's neighbors in the opening scenes set 20 years ago. Lee, credited as "Waterhose man," is watering the lawn when Jean telekinetically lifts the water from the hose into the air.
* In Spider-Man 3 (2007), Lee appears in a credited role as "Man in Times Square". He stands next to Peter Parker, both of them reading a news bulletin, and commenting to Parker that, "You know, I guess one person can make a difference". He then says his well-known phrase, "'Nuff said"."

Ken

Author: Trick Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 48284 of 63173
Subject: Re: Spider Man III Date: 5/14/2007 6:34 PM
Recommendations: 1
I also finally saw Spidey 3 over the weekend.

Horrible film. Too long by an easy 45 minutes.

What I found weird was the crowd reaction. It was the only film I've been to where I can remember the crowd almost agreeing in unison that it was terrible but with parts they wanted to see. It was strange, like there were lots of people openly talking to each other in the crappy parts and it was obvious nobody cared. Without any formal agreement, it was like we all knew the crappy parts and chose to ignore them together.

Weird film experience. This might be among the worst films ever made. Even Tobey M came across as goofy, and I'm a fan.

Funk

Author: JimZipCode Big funky green star, 20000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 48285 of 63173
Subject: Re: Spider Man III Date: 5/14/2007 6:40 PM
Weird film experience.

Agreed.

This might be among the worst films ever made.

Agreed.

Nice sfx though.

Author: LaraAmber Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 48286 of 63173
Subject: Re: Spider Man III Date: 5/14/2007 6:50 PM
I had to suppress the urge in several places and bite my tongue from saying "Emo Spidey! Watch him brood!" Seriously, they show us a Venom controlled Parker by changing his bangs???

Husband was groaning during the Saturday Night Fever dance number.

Some scenes were good, some scenes made you wonder just what they were smoking on the set, and why weren't they providing it to the audience so we could understand, too.

Lara Amber

Author: JimZipCode Big funky green star, 20000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 48287 of 63173
Subject: Re: Spider Man III Date: 5/14/2007 6:57 PM
Recommendations: 4
My favorite moment was when Spidey is looking for Sandman, whose real name is Flint Marko, in the dust and smoke of the armored car crash. He calls out, "Marko!" And I, wits about me, call out "Polo!"

Author: Trick Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 48289 of 63173
Subject: Re: Spider Man III Date: 5/14/2007 10:24 PM
Husband was groaning during the Saturday Night Fever dance number.

That's when my girlfriend walked out. She's left the building!

Funk

Author: albaby1 Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Favorite Fools Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 48290 of 63173
Subject: Re: Spider Man III Date: 5/15/2007 4:57 PM
Horrible film. Too long by an easy 45 minutes.

What I found weird was the crowd reaction. It was the only film I've been to where I can remember the crowd almost agreeing in unison that it was terrible but with parts they wanted to see. It was strange, like there were lots of people openly talking to each other in the crappy parts and it was obvious nobody cared. Without any formal agreement, it was like we all knew the crappy parts and chose to ignore them together.

Also agreed.

This one suffered from a defect which seems all-too-common to superhero movie sequels: Too Many Villains Syndrome. It seems to be an effort to please fans in the trailer, and go over the top on earlier installments. The filmmakers usually have a number of popular choice villains in the underlying canon, and seem to think that throwing them all into the mix will make the movie better. Hence, we get Sandman, Venom, and Hobgoblin (okay, they never called him that) in the same flick.

So you have three storylines going on, and none get the focus they need to make them work. So the movie is far too long, but few who aren't fans would really know what's going on with Venom because they don't spend enough time explaining it. Sandman is alternatively a good guy driven to extremity by his kid's illness and a psycho who's willing to kidnap MJ and kill Spidey for no reason other than revenge. And Osbourne's character has absolutely no continuity, as they flip him back and forth between good and bad every half hour.

Some fun moments, but still a disappointing film.

Albaby

Author: JimZipCode Big funky green star, 20000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 48291 of 63173
Subject: Re: Spider Man III Date: 5/15/2007 5:47 PM
still a disappointing film.

For it to be "disappointing", one would have had to expect better of it. And I did expect better, swelp me! I really thought it might be solid.

Silly me.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (13) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement