No. of Recommendations: 0
I have several DRIPs. I learned how to handle a stock split, pretty simple really. But now one of my stocks is spinning off a component of itself and this spin off is merging with another company. It does not look like the new spin off will have a DRIP program. If I read the company proposal correctly it looks like I will be getting x number of shares in the spin off. The problem is that I closed my Quick & Riely trading account a few years back. So what do I do with the paper shares of the spin off company? Maybe I should donate these shares if they become more trouble than they are worth.
Print the post  


When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.