Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: TennisVenus Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 3385  
Subject: Spitting Boys at WFMI Date: 2/14/2006 6:06 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 17
Hi all,

When I read the post about the spitting boy at Whole Foods, I was very concerned, not only as a shareholder, but as a devoted customer. While I understand that this was one incident at one store, I was curious how WFMI would respond to the situation. Especially since their motto is "satisfying and delighting our customers." Trust me, when I read the story, I was neither delighted nor satisfied.

I wrote to customer service at WFMI and sent a copy of the post. I finally received this reply and was asked to share it with this board. So here goes.

Ms. Bayer,

We are very committed to making every visit to a Whole Foods Market a unique and pleasurable one. When a mishap such as the one referred to in this posting occurs, we are quick to remedy the situation. We care deeply about our customers and the communities where we are. Since the response to this customer has not been posted for all to see, I am going to copy it for you. Hopefully you will be kind enough to post it so that others may be aware of the steps we take to ensure our customers wellbeing.

Dear *****

My apologies for the very bad experience at our store; I just spoke with the team leader in charge at the time of the complaint. When Stacie was made aware of the complaint of a young boy spitting she addressed the father. He was yelling both at Stacie and at you. Stacie tried to diffuse the situation to the best of her ability.

In no way was she trying to sooth the customer other than to get him to listen to the complaint, and Stacie clearly observed that the parent could not control the misbehaving child as the child kept trying to cover the fathers shouting mouth with his hand.

I will review this type of scenario with all leadership in the store. We always throw away food if it were considered contaminated.

Again my sincere apologies and thank you for taking the time to make sure we were made aware of this situation.

Sincerely, Chuck Gorman, Store team leader Newtonville

PS. I worked in the Walnut ST. Bread and Circus/Wholefoods for 12 years about 4.5 years ago. Mostly in the Nutrition, and then night and weekend store team leader. Please say hi if you recognize me in the store, or ask if I'm working and I will try to do something nice to make up for the bad experience here.

I am now satisfied. : )

Barbara
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Managing Your Wealth
Our own TMFHockeypop from Rule Your Retirement fame on the TV show Managing Your Wealth.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Mobileye's Growth too Hot?
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement