UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (13) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: PucksFool Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 56829  
Subject: SPONSOREDby an iPhone app Date: 7/4/2012 7:23 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
Did you ever want to see the candidates wearing the logos of their corporate sponsors like NASCAR drivers? Now you can.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/sponsoredby/id532584295?mt=8
The app that answers the question, “What if politicians had to wear their sponsors’ logos?” Asked online, on the radio and all over America, people want to see the presidential candidates proudly wearing the logos of their big contributors – and this app delivers just that. Cash fuels the race to the White House, and the 2012 presidential election is on track to break all previous records for money raised and spent to reach the finish line. SPONSOREDby provides an illustrated view of who’s giving and who's taking.

PF
Print the post Back To Top
Author: SeattlePioneer Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 43901 of 56829
Subject: Re: SPONSOREDby an iPhone app Date: 7/4/2012 11:46 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
<<Did you ever want to see the candidates wearing the logos of their corporate sponsors like NASCAR drivers? Now you can.>>

Very droll.

The voters still want to know why we have persistent 9%+ unemployment and why Obama hasn't done something about it.

As Bill Clinton said, "It's the economy, STUPID."

Seattle Pioneer

Author: Maraith Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 43902 of 56829
Subject: Re: SPONSOREDby an iPhone app Date: 7/4/2012 1:59 PM
Recommendations: 0
It was James Carville, not President Clinton, who had the sentence "It's the economy, stupid" posted at campaign headquarters during the first campaign.

As Wikipedia says, "In order to keep the campaign on message, Carville hung a sign in Bill Clinton's Little Rock campaign headquarters that read:

Change vs. more of the same
The economy, stupid
Don't forget health care.[2]

Although the sign was intended for an internal audience of campaign workers, the phrase became a de facto slogan for the Clinton election campaign."

Author: StockGoddess Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 43903 of 56829
Subject: Re: SPONSOREDby an iPhone app Date: 7/4/2012 8:16 PM
Recommendations: 74
The voters still want to know why we have persistent 9%+ unemployment and why Obama hasn't done something about it.

Maybe he hasn't "done anything about it" because the Republicans block his legislation in an effort to gain power rather than help the American people.

But you know this. And continue to ignore it.

Author: salaryguru Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 43905 of 56829
Subject: Re: SPONSOREDby an iPhone app Date: 7/4/2012 9:23 PM
Recommendations: 11

As Bill Clinton said, "It's the economy, STUPID."

Now that you mention that, what ever happened to the 2010 Republican promise that once elected, jobs, jobs, jobs would be their number one job? Are you implying that Obama has vetoed their jobs bills?

Author: SeattlePioneer Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 43907 of 56829
Subject: Re: SPONSOREDby an iPhone app Date: 7/4/2012 11:06 PM
<<The voters still want to know why we have persistent 9%+ unemployment and why Obama hasn't done something about it.

Maybe he hasn't "done anything about it" because the Republicans block his legislation in an effort to gain power rather than help the American people.>>

Good luck with substituting excuses for performance.

Seattle Pioneer

Author: nyua Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 43911 of 56829
Subject: Re: SPONSOREDby an iPhone app Date: 7/5/2012 7:58 AM
Recommendations: 19
..that's why the public do not blame him for the poor economy and that is why he will be re-elected..

..Obama has sent to Congress job bills which were voted down.. infrastuture.. support to the states fo hiring teachers, fire fighters and police... reduced taxes (the only part passed..so how come no job boost)... tax credits for small businesses... tax credits for bringing jobs back.. etc... all turned down..

Someone tell me what he can do that he has not proposed? The right is big on criticsm but light on specifics.

Author: SeattlePioneer Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 43913 of 56829
Subject: Re: SPONSOREDby an iPhone app Date: 7/5/2012 11:14 AM
<<..that's why the public do not blame him for the poor economy and that is why he will be re-elected..>>

Interesting claim, but incumbent President's are commonly held responsible for the condition of the economy whether or not they are at fault.

Obama's persistent 9% plus unemployment rate is his biggest obstacle to re election. We shall see if he has much success trying to change the subject.

Seattle Pioneer

Author: salaryguru Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 43918 of 56829
Subject: Re: SPONSOREDby an iPhone app Date: 7/5/2012 2:47 PM
Recommendations: 1
Obama's persistent 9% plus unemployment rate is his biggest obstacle to re election.

You don't really have a very good track record with your political predictions. It seems to me like you predict what you would like to believe, but since you start with so many misconceptions on fact, what you want to believe seldom comes to be.

Author: Volucris Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 43919 of 56829
Subject: Re: SPONSOREDby an iPhone app Date: 7/5/2012 3:50 PM
Recommendations: 3
Interesting claim, but incumbent President's are commonly held responsible for the condition of the economy whether or not they are at fault.

And no doubt you would feel exactly the same if a republican was president. I'm sure you are in no way a partisan hack.

Author: StockGoddess Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 43932 of 56829
Subject: Re: SPONSOREDby an iPhone app Date: 7/6/2012 2:23 PM
Recommendations: 6
Obama's persistent 9% plus unemployment rate is his biggest obstacle to re election.

So, SP, at what % would you vote for Obama? Give us a "resonable" unemployment number and we'll hold you to it.

It slid to 8% yesterday.....

The post recessionary umemployment rate in Greece is 21%. In Spain, 24%. So it's not like "everyone else recovered but we didn't because we had Obama as our president". Quite the contrary. Compared to most of Europe, we're doing fabulous.

Obama's current uneployment rate only trails Bush's final number by one percent, by the way, so would you vote Obama at 7%?

But, please, by all means, give us a number, a magic number. And if you know Mitt's plan to do better, let us know, because Mitt himself has been rather sparse with giving numbers that add up. Rather odd as a "good businessman" like himself should be familiar with balancing spreadsheets.

Author: intercst Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Top Recommended Fools Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 43933 of 56829
Subject: Re: SPONSOREDby an iPhone app Date: 7/6/2012 3:35 PM
Recommendations: 17
StockGoddess asks,

And if you know Mitt's plan to do better, let us know,...

Mitt's given us the outline of his plan. Big tax cuts for wealthy Sons of Privilege like himself funded by big cuts to Medicaid, make the middle-class pay an average $6,400/year more for Medicare, and cut Social Security benefits.

It's a math test 99% of the Tea-Baggers (i.e., those that aren't in the 1%) are going to flunk.

intercst

Author: sykesix Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 43934 of 56829
Subject: Re: SPONSOREDby an iPhone app Date: 7/6/2012 5:06 PM
Recommendations: 3
The post recessionary umemployment rate in Greece is 21%. In Spain, 24%.

They have awesome austerity programs however.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (13) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement