UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: SmokinLizard Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 12880  
Subject: Spontaneous BBQ, anyone? Date: 9/1/2001 11:18 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
Saturday Sept. 1,'01.

Looks like, as usual per my bad habit, I'm going to be putting way too much in the smoinker today, & wouldn't mind a little help devouring it...

If you're of a spontaneous nature, & think you'd like to have a little fun....Pile in whatever transports you, take I-5 to Frazier Park exit (35 or so miles N. of Magic Mountain)...go left about 3 miles to Tait Trout Ranch. Pull in,(ignoring the "Sorry We're Closed" Sign), follow the road, make a left thru the gate & head towards the back. You'll see the big pink pig smokin' away...

PS: BYOB, (ifyoubesoinclined) cuz I'll feed a Fool, but I won't get 'em foolish!

PS2: Bring your appetite.

§£
Print the post Back To Top
Author: SmokinLizard Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 6644 of 12880
Subject: Re: Spontaneous BBQ, anyone? Date: 9/1/2001 11:22 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
PS3: Ya can camp there, too, so no need to sweat the ride home.

¦^)

§£

Author: PlankTonic Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 6646 of 12880
Subject: Re: Spontaneous BBQ, anyone? Date: 9/2/2001 12:46 AM
Recommendations: 3
I'm testifying to some serious BBQ! SmokinLizard picked a beautiful spot in Frazier Park and did a multiple meat and bean BBQ that was worthy of being on a Mission from God. Killer sauce, great meat and truly amazing beans. An extremely gracious and generous host.

Got a chance to meet some very fine folks including JohnCappen and his lovely wife and child. Everyone had a great time and came back full.

Next time you have an opportunity to respond to a spontaneous invitation for a trip outside your neck of the woods from a stranger- Accept!
:-)

Thanks Smokin'!

Planktonic

Author: myadidas Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 6647 of 12880
Subject: Re: Spontaneous BBQ, anyone? Date: 9/2/2001 12:51 AM
Recommendations: 12
Sounds like so much fun! I wish I was a LITTLE closer...I'm only an eight-hour drive or so away. I love barbeques though--my friends and family almost never have them.

myadidas

Author: PlankTonic Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 6648 of 12880
Subject: Re: Spontaneous BBQ, anyone? Date: 9/2/2001 2:15 PM
Recommendations: 3
It was. Maybe the next one someone throws will have just a little more advance warning... Gorgeous place. Thanks again for the hospitality, SmokinLizard and the great eats!

Sounds like so much fun! I wish I was a LITTLE closer...I'm only an eight-hour drive or so away. I love barbeques though--my friends and family almost never have them.

Author: SmokinLizard Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 6649 of 12880
Subject: Re: Spontaneous BBQ, anyone? Date: 9/2/2001 2:52 PM
Recommendations: 2
It was certainly our pleasure and a great enjoyment to meet such FineFellowFools! (F³)

The fact that you grasped the beauty of the sponteneity being such a marvelous thing & drove the 200 some odd miles up from San Diego! attests to the joy you have found in living.

Thanks again for coming!

(I reckon there is reality out there in cyber-space!)

again,

§£

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement