UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: NOrleans1 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 75797  
Subject: Spousal IRA Contribution Date: 3/9/1999 9:38 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
My wife does not have earned income can we open and contribute to an IRA in her name only?
Muchas Gracia in advance.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: zgriner Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9021 of 75797
Subject: Re: Spousal IRA Contribution Date: 3/9/1999 11:40 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Yes, up to $2000/year.

Zev

Author: TMFPixy Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9026 of 75797
Subject: Re: Spousal IRA Contribution Date: 3/10/1999 9:46 AM
Greetings, NOrleans1, and welcome. You asked:

<<My wife does not have earned income can we open and contribute to an IRA in her name only?>>

You sure can. As long as you have earned income of at least that amount, you may contribute up to $2K per year to your spouse's IRA. Further, because she is not covered by a retirement plan through employment, that contribution is fully deductible provided your joint AGI is less than $150K.

Regards....Pixy

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement