UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: dakeyras Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 9824  
Subject: Springfield is in ... Date: 4/10/2012 8:43 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 3
Oregon!

http://tv.yahoo.com/news/-simpsons--springfield-location-rev...

“Simpsons” fans got the answer to a long-debated question about the 22-year-old animated TV show starring Homer, Marge, Bart, Lisa and Maggie: Where the heck is Springfield? The “Anytown, USA” city could be in almost any state of the union, from Maine, to Ohio, to Vermont, to Virginia.

But it turns out, the show’s town is named for (drum roll) Springfield, Oregon. Oregon! The creator of the cartoon, Matt Groening, revealed the location in an interview with Smithsonian magazine.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: NajdorfSicilian Big funky green star, 20000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9801 of 9824
Subject: Re: Springfield is in ... Date: 4/11/2012 11:29 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Meh, it'll always be in Missouri for me, two reasons:

1) Flaming Moe episode where Steven Tyler says "Hello, Saint Louis!"

2) Monorail episode. Clearly has to be midwest-based with 'local yokels,' in the Indiana-Iowa-Missouri part of the country.

What does Groening know anyway? Pffffft.

Author: dsbrady Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9802 of 9824
Subject: Re: Springfield is in ... Date: 4/11/2012 11:43 AM
Recommendations: 5
Meh, it'll always be in Missouri for me, two reasons:

1) Flaming Moe episode where Steven Tyler says "Hello, Saint Louis!"

2) Monorail episode. Clearly has to be midwest-based with 'local yokels,' in the Indiana-Iowa-Missouri part of the country.

But aren't they also on an ocean?

I think Groening saying he named it after Springfield, OR doesn't mean that's where this Springfield is. It just means it's what he named it after. (At no point in the interview does he say that the Simpsons' Springfield is in Oregon)

Cambridge, MA is named after the city in England. That doesn't mean it's in England.

dsbrady

Author: PortlandEric One star, 50 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9803 of 9824
Subject: Re: Springfield is in ... Date: 4/11/2012 2:32 PM
Recommendations: 0
I could've told you ten years ago it was in Oregon. There's references to the Simpsons all over Portland. Half the characters are named after streets here.

Author: NajdorfSicilian Big funky green star, 20000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9804 of 9824
Subject: Re: Springfield is in ... Date: 4/12/2012 12:38 PM
Recommendations: 2
Cambridge, MA is named after the city in England. That doesn't mean it's in England.

dsbrady

Whoa, whoa, whoa!

Hold on there, egghead.

Author: NajdorfSicilian Big funky green star, 20000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9805 of 9824
Subject: Re: Springfield is in ... Date: 4/12/2012 12:39 PM
Recommendations: 3
I could've told you ten years ago it was in Oregon.

Worst. Monday-morning. Quarterbacking. Ever.

CBG

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement