No. of Recommendations: 3
Oregon!

http://tv.yahoo.com/news/-simpsons--springfield-location-rev...

“Simpsons” fans got the answer to a long-debated question about the 22-year-old animated TV show starring Homer, Marge, Bart, Lisa and Maggie: Where the heck is Springfield? The “Anytown, USA” city could be in almost any state of the union, from Maine, to Ohio, to Vermont, to Virginia.

But it turns out, the show’s town is named for (drum roll) Springfield, Oregon. Oregon! The creator of the cartoon, Matt Groening, revealed the location in an interview with Smithsonian magazine.
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 1
Meh, it'll always be in Missouri for me, two reasons:

1) Flaming Moe episode where Steven Tyler says "Hello, Saint Louis!"

2) Monorail episode. Clearly has to be midwest-based with 'local yokels,' in the Indiana-Iowa-Missouri part of the country.

What does Groening know anyway? Pffffft.
No. of Recommendations: 5
Meh, it'll always be in Missouri for me, two reasons:

1) Flaming Moe episode where Steven Tyler says "Hello, Saint Louis!"

2) Monorail episode. Clearly has to be midwest-based with 'local yokels,' in the Indiana-Iowa-Missouri part of the country.

But aren't they also on an ocean?

I think Groening saying he named it after Springfield, OR doesn't mean that's where this Springfield is. It just means it's what he named it after. (At no point in the interview does he say that the Simpsons' Springfield is in Oregon)

Cambridge, MA is named after the city in England. That doesn't mean it's in England.

dsbrady
No. of Recommendations: 0
I could've told you ten years ago it was in Oregon. There's references to the Simpsons all over Portland. Half the characters are named after streets here.
No. of Recommendations: 2
Cambridge, MA is named after the city in England. That doesn't mean it's in England.

dsbrady

Whoa, whoa, whoa!

Hold on there, egghead.
No. of Recommendations: 3
I could've told you ten years ago it was in Oregon.

Worst. Monday-morning. Quarterbacking. Ever.

CBG
Advertisement