UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: suzntobin Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 308882  
Subject: SS# Fraud? Date: 9/17/2002 3:12 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
The company I work for did a background check on me and found someone else attached to my social security number. They just now notified me and I immediately called and got fraud alerts put on all three credit agencies but have to wait to get the reports to find out further information. I am very worried. I have no knowledge of any new accounts or anything untoward except this man should not be attached to my social security number!! Any further advise?

I know this is not particularly on-topic but really trust you guys. Thanks for any help.

Susan
Print the post Back To Top
Author: Neglectarino Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 140125 of 308882
Subject: Re: SS# Fraud? Date: 9/17/2002 4:08 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
Be sure to notify the Social Security Administration. The same thing happened to my husband and luckily, went no further than use for employment.

The Federal Trade Commission has a pamphlet on this subject; you can download it as a pdf file:

http://www.consumer.gov/idtheft/

-Neglectarino
"Oh, hey there, Mr. uh...Brown-Shoes. How about that...local sports team?"

Author: SouperStarAlison Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 140136 of 308882
Subject: Re: SS# Fraud? Date: 9/17/2002 4:55 PM
Recommendations: 0
Call up ChexSystems and get a report. I was denied a bank account cause someone else has my SS#.

Author: ScholarGypsy Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 140140 of 308882
Subject: Re: SS# Fraud? Date: 9/17/2002 5:47 PM
Susan,

Hey! It IS on topic. Don't worry about it. I hope you get lots of suggestions! d:-D

Author: sockwonder Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 140214 of 308882
Subject: Re: SS# Fraud? Date: 9/18/2002 8:12 AM
The company I work for did a background check on me...

Since others have responded... why did your company run a background check on you? Or was this when they hired you?

Author: suzntobin Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 140465 of 308882
Subject: Re: SS# Fraud? Date: 9/19/2002 11:40 PM
Thanks for the reply's. Will let you know if anything turns up with this. Appreciate the help.

Susan

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement