Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: hotfoot Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 39312  
Subject: SSGA S&P Index Fund Date: 1/20/1999 3:53 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I was surprised when I found my online broker does not handle the Vanguard Index fund.
I am now looking for a suitable substitiute.
Is SSGA a good replacement?
Is it equivalent in structure and performance?
Thanks,
H.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: EdMcDowell Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 576 of 39312
Subject: Re: SSGA S&P Index Fund Date: 1/20/1999 4:15 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
I was surprised when I found my online broker does not handle the Vanguard Index fund.
Is SSGA a good replacement?
Is it equivalent in structure and performance?
Thanks,
H.

See http://www.morningstar.net. You can look up all this and more.

Author: Frank638 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 578 of 39312
Subject: Re: SSGA S&P Index Fund Date: 1/21/1999 9:41 AM
Recommendations: 1

Waterhouse does handle VFINX.

Author: rwcrash One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 579 of 39312
Subject: Re: SSGA S&P Index Fund Date: 1/21/1999 11:27 AM
Does it handle Vanguard's Total Equity Market Index? I have been looking for a brokerage house that handles Vanguard's Funds until I have confidence to do stocks.

Author: Legomom Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 580 of 39312
Subject: Re: SSGA S&P Index Fund Date: 1/21/1999 11:33 AM

Waterhouse does handle VFINX.

Waterhouse charges $25 for Vanguard funds, I believe. You can get into them directly from Vanguard at no additional fee.

Author: jrv One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 584 of 39312
Subject: Re: SSGA S&P Index Fund Date: 1/21/1999 4:19 PM
<I was surprised when I found my online broker does not handle the Vanguard Index fund.

Why go through your broker? That's just one more middleman to siphon off your dollars.

Go right to www.vanguard.com and buy the fund(s). All of the information is there, as well as every prospectus, application, etc. Vanguard provides online access to funds.

Author: loallis Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 5658 of 39312
Subject: Re: SSGA S&P Index Fund Date: 5/11/2000 11:00 AM
Ameritrade also handles VFINX.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement