Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: searay58 One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 121219  
Subject: SSN not in valid range Date: 4/7/2008 10:13 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I finally sold some losing stocks in my 16 year olds custodial account. So I did Turbo tax to record the losses. There was one error which I can't fix. It says:

SSN is not in a valid range.

The number I have put in is her SSN. Is it because she is 16?
Print the post Back To Top
Author: TMFPMarti Big funky green star, 20000 posts Home Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 100082 of 121219
Subject: Re: SSN not in valid range Date: 4/7/2008 10:34 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
I finally sold some losing stocks in my 16 year olds custodial account. So I did Turbo tax to record the losses. There was one error which I can't fix. It says:

SSN is not in a valid range.

The number I have put in is her SSN. Is it because she is 16?

No, it's because of a problem in either input or TT analysis. After you've triple-checked the input side, just ignore the error message. If it's preventing you from e-filing her return, file on paper.

As a quick check of where the problem is, did you prepare your return with the same version of TT and claim her as a dependent? If you did without a problem, there's obviously a TT glitch.

Phil

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement