Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: Uha Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 207  
Subject: ssys Date: 8/28/2012 7:36 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
what is happening here with Autodesk? pulling both DDD and SSYS down. Do we pay attention to Autodesk's problem AS their problem?
Print the post Back To Top
Author: colleran Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 132 of 207
Subject: Re: ssys Date: 8/29/2012 7:18 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Autodesk makes software that is used to design objects for 3D Printers among many other uses. Because both DDD and SSYS are early-stage companies with relatively high P/E ratios, they will be volatile stocks that will go up and down on almost any semi-relevant news. So Autodesk has bad news and, since it tenuously connected, the 3D stocks fall as well.

With all the programmed trading these days, the volatility of this type of company has risen dramatically in my experience. I own these and other companies in a similar situation. The only time I even pay attention is when the daily change is over 10%. Then I mostly find that it has nothing to do with the fundamentals of the company.

I say, ignore it.

Author: HueWhite One star, 50 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 133 of 207
Subject: Re: ssys Date: 8/30/2012 12:23 PM
Concur. Stressing over irrelevancies will just kill you early.

Hue

Author: jholway203e Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 143 of 207
Subject: Re: ssys Date: 1/8/2013 1:37 PM
I pick up a cool 10 points on ssys fairly quick. I bought more when it dipped down to 66 and change and sold it at around 78. Then it keep going. Now it looks like it may pull back. Charts on micro caps like these are hard to read because the stock can go 10-15%either way from support or resistance. Any ideas.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement