UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: vkg Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 127262  
Subject: Staging Date: 5/24/2013 1:02 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Our real estate agent recommended staging, while tactfully insulting our furniture.

Staging was just done, and the resulting are amazing. It wouldn't be practical for us to live in, but it is a dramatic change.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: inparadise Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 125382 of 127262
Subject: Re: Staging Date: 5/24/2013 1:40 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Our real estate agent recommended staging, while tactfully insulting our furniture.

Staging was just done, and the resulting are amazing. It wouldn't be practical for us to live in, but it is a dramatic change.

Good for you for listening to your agent. I had one listing that took about 4 months of tactfully arguing with the seller that certain things would have to be done to make the house move quickly. At settlement he apologized for fighting my suggestions and not listening right away. He lost about $25,000 that way in a declining market.

IP

Author: TMFPMarti Big funky green star, 20000 posts Home Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 125384 of 127262
Subject: Re: Staging Date: 5/24/2013 2:01 PM
Recommendations: 1
Good for you for listening to your agent.

And leave your sensitivities in the dustbin. About 5 minutes after the agent who bagged my last sale came into the apartment and looked around we sat down, and her first words? "Move out." Best advice I ever got.

Phil
Rule Your Retirement Home Fool

Author: FlyingDiver Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 125386 of 127262
Subject: Re: Staging Date: 5/24/2013 5:16 PM
Yeah, we moved out before our last sale too, and had the agent bring in a stager. We had three or four competing offers the first weekend. It's the difference between a "show" house and a "meh" house. In some cases.

Author: vkg Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 125388 of 127262
Subject: Re: Staging Date: 5/24/2013 10:20 PM
And leave your sensitivities in the dustbin.

Not easy, but it helped that the target of the first comment was the kitchen table that I don't like. It was on loan from an in-law, who still believes that it is a "nice" table. It isn't in great shape. One of the chairs tried to hurt me. My husband repaired the chairs enough that they are safe, but I haven't forgiven it.

Author: MetroChick Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 125391 of 127262
Subject: Re: Staging Date: 5/25/2013 11:44 PM
Between HGTV, to shelter magazines, to Pottery Barn cataloges, shoppers have an expectation of things up for sale being "merchandized" - including homes. Some agents might disagree, but if a seller isn't willing to pay for staging, I think a completely empty home is better than seeing the current owners belongings.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement