Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: JavaRunner Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 2581  
Subject: Starbucks Reserve/Tribute Date: 3/9/2011 7:25 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
Last week the local SBUX manager told me about her store being a location to sell special reserve coffees. She told me their next offering was 100% Kona(yes I know Kahunacfa's story of his Hawaiian coffee). I got some $22 a half pound. Yes, it was a splurge. This morning we are having some....and it is darned tasty.

SBUX is also offering a new coffee called Tribute. Tribute is a 40th anniversary coffee, which blends Sumatra, Ethiopian, Columbia and Papua New Guinea coffees. I tried it yesterday - very good as well.

I am raising my cup to everyone here this morning.

Charlie
Print the post Back To Top
Author: kahunacfa Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2510 of 2581
Subject: Re: Starbucks Reserve/Tribute Date: 3/9/2011 11:49 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Last week the local SBUX manager told me about her store being a location to sell special reserve coffees. She told me their next offering was 100% Kona(yes I know Kahunacfa's story of his Hawaiian coffee). I got some $22 a half pound. Yes, it was a splurge. This morning we are having some....and it is darned tasty.

SBUX is also offering a new coffee called Tribute. Tribute is a 40th anniversary coffee, which blends Sumatra, Ethiopian, Columbia and Papua New Guinea coffees. I tried it yesterday - very good as well.

I am raising my cup to everyone here this morning.

Charlie
- JavaRunner | Date: 3/9/2011 7:25:43 AM | Number: 2509

The name of my Kona(R) coffee supplier is Pu'u Nani Kona Coffee(R), also Greenwell Farms in Kailua-Kona, Hawaii. The Pu'u Nani is $25 per pound delivered. Three pounds or $75 and Priority Mail delivery is free. - Need to order next batch early April.

Kahuna, CFA

Author: JavaRunner Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2511 of 2581
Subject: Re: Starbucks Reserve/Tribute Date: 3/9/2011 1:33 PM
Recommendations: 1
The name of my Kona(R) coffee supplier is Pu'u Nani Kona Coffee(R), also Greenwell Farms in Kailua-Kona, Hawaii.

Actually knew that....as you post it almost everytime.

Charlie
...feelin' it today...

Author: Zumba Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2512 of 2581
Subject: Re: Starbucks Reserve/Tribute Date: 3/12/2011 8:28 AM
Recommendations: 1
I'll have to try the Tribute blend when I get back to the U.S. this summer (no Starbucks in Albania - yet).

But Starbucks charges too much for their special coffees like the Black Apron stuff. Coffee ages too quickly once it's roasted to charge so much money for coffee. Better to roast the coffee yourself or else buy from a local roaster where it's always fresher.

I do love a good cup, however, of Starbucks Christmas Blend. The Gold Coast blend is good too.

I miss Starbucks. . .

Paul

Author: c0ffeen0te Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2513 of 2581
Subject: Re: Starbucks Reserve/Tribute Date: 3/29/2011 8:24 AM
Was at national coffee association convention in new orleans 2 weeks ago, they served up the Tribute using the Clover machine (its a $10,000 brewing machine)...so I guess that was the best of the best of the tribute blend. It was good but I agree with roasting fresh coffee as superior and, well, i just prefer a lighter roast. I've sampled Clover-brewed top quality coffees fresh roasted before (at Specialty Coffee convention) and that is crazy good stuff.

Howard Schultz spoke at the convention about the company's turnaround as well and reminded us not once but about three times that the company's troubles "occurred while I was not CEO but I take full responsibility."

Author: kahunacfa Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2514 of 2581
Subject: Re: Starbucks Reserve/Tribute Date: 3/31/2011 4:51 PM
...Howard Schultz spoke at the convention about the company's turnaround as well and reminded us not once but about three times that the company's troubles "occurred while I was not CEO but I take full responsibility." - c0ffeen0te | Date: 3/29/2011 8:24:09 AM | Number: 2513

SBUX's troubles were Howard's responsibility. It was Howard who stepped away from the company for a time, before he returned. The troubles were Howard's doing while he was not on the "Bridge" of the ship.

Kahuna, CFA
<Owner of SBUX @ < $8>

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement