Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0

I have a confusing tax situation (confusing to me, that is...)

I lived and worked in Massachusetts from 1/1/99 - 9/1/99.
For the remaining three months, I worked in Wisconsin, but the paychecks came from my temp agency (located in Utah).

I'll have to file a return for MA. I would guess that I would also have to file a return for WI, since I was working there. But since I was paid by a corporation in UT, do I have to file there, too?

Thanks for any advice,

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.