Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0

I am unsure of which state tax returns I need to fill out because I am in some way associated with 4 different states for 1999. I consider myself a PA resident. I was a college student with a work study job in Maryland until May of 1999. Then I worked and lived in PA over the summer. Finally, since September of 1999, I have lived in New Jersey while working in New York City. This is not permanent, however, as I will be a student again in the Fall (and considered a PA resident). My 3 W-2's are from MD, PA, and NY. If you answer state questions, please help me out! And if not, can you suggest where I can find the answer to my question? Thank you.
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.