Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (12) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: TheJTrain Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 35942  
Subject: Steam Holiday Sale 12/20-1/5 Date: 12/20/2012 1:48 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
It's on, and with a new twist: if you put the games you're looking for on your Wishlist, you'll get emails when they're featured in the sale (or the other specials they run, Daily, Midweek, etc.). Nice.

JT
Print the post Back To Top
Author: maracle Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 34986 of 35942
Subject: Re: Steam Holiday Sale 12/20-1/5 Date: 12/20/2012 6:30 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Borderlands 2 is on my wishlist, but I did not get an email... I wonder how well this is working.

That said, I have missed a good deal a few times when I heard of it a day after it expired. So I hope it will.

On the other hand my backlog of games is huge so maybe it's best they don't send them to me!

Author: 1971simon Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 34987 of 35942
Subject: Re: Steam Holiday Sale 12/20-1/5 Date: 12/21/2012 12:59 AM
I'm in no rush for Borderlands 2 or really any of these other games. I have too much to occupy myself already. I think my wishlist will thin out during the Steam summer sale.

Simon

Author: Kazim Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 34988 of 35942
Subject: Re: Steam Holiday Sale 12/20-1/5 Date: 12/21/2012 12:21 PM
That's what I found... after I bought Serious Sam 3 and Max Payne 3 after Thanksgiving, and a few games off the GOG sale, I literally cannot think of any more current games I am dying to have right now. I'd like to get Borderlands 2 eventually, but I never played the first one past level 20, and I suspect it would be the same situation.

Author: TheJTrain Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 34989 of 35942
Subject: Re: Steam Holiday Sale 12/20-1/5 Date: 12/21/2012 6:47 PM
Borderlands 2 is on my wishlist, but I did not get an email... I wonder how well this is working.

Think you're right - Dishonored is on my wishlist and it's a flash deal right now but I didn't get anything either.

And same as the other guys, I've gone a little wild lately and have way too much to play (not that that's measurably changed in quite a while), so I'll probably hold off on that and X-Com unless one of them hits $15 - hard to resist at that price.

JT

Author: EthylMercaptan Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 34990 of 35942
Subject: Re: Steam Holiday Sale 12/20-1/5 Date: 12/24/2012 12:27 AM
I like this math.

Saints Row 3 The Full Package is $7.49. It looks like they knocked all of the individual components a 50-75% markdown and then marked it down another 75% for the bundle.

I bought Jade Empire about a week ago($3.50), it has been on my wishlist for a while. Best $3.50 that I have spent. This may warrant a few play throughs. I was worried after I bought it and 80% of the Steam forum post were about bugs and other tech issues. Plays like a dream on Win 7 64 bit. It seemed a lot of the early criticism was about how slow and clunky it was on the Xbox and PC. It's too bad Bioware has abandoned this IP for other games.

C2H5SH

Author: EthylMercaptan Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 34991 of 35942
Subject: Re: Steam Holiday Sale 12/20-1/5 Date: 12/24/2012 8:32 AM
Saints Row 3 The Full Package is $7.49. It looks like they knocked all of the individual components a 50-75% markdown and then marked it down another 75% for the bundle.

On a similar less happy note, I see that THQ has declared bankruptcy. The THQ bundle is selling well $24.99 which includes ( Titan Quest, Titan Quest - Immortal Throne, Company of Heroes, Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts, Supreme Commander, Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance, Saints Row 2, Warhammer® 40,000™: Dawn of War® II, Red Faction, Red Faction II, Warhammer® 40,000: Dawn of War® II Chaos Rising, Metro 2033, Darksiders™, Darksiders II, Homefront, Red Faction®: Armageddon™, MX vs ATV Reflex, Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine, Saints Row: The Third, Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II: Retribution, Dawn of War II: Retribution – The Last Standalone, Nexuiz).

C2H5SH

Author: 1971simon Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 34994 of 35942
Subject: Re: Steam Holiday Sale 12/20-1/5 Date: 1/4/2013 2:25 AM
I am a weak, weak man.

Picked up Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North. Yeah, it's more of the same but I like it.

Also grabbed Mark of the Ninja, Max Payne 3 and I Am Alive. Hope they are decent.

Simon

Author: FordLove Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 34996 of 35942
Subject: Re: Steam Holiday Sale 12/20-1/5 Date: 1/4/2013 3:43 PM
You know, I knew I had a problem when they had one of their flash sales and I clicked a game that looked neat.

I said I already owned it. I never played it, but I owned it.

I think it was an indy title so it might have come in a bundle. Either that or it was freaky cheap. When they have something on sale for under $10 or more so under $5 my bar to buying is pretty low.

I've been messing about with the Civ 5 clone set in the Magesty universe called Warlock: Master of something. Picked it up for $7. Not bad for $7. It is missing stuff, like an end score and other little things. Still, $7 for a fantasy Civ game. The other odd part is it is not nearly as hard as I thought it would be. It is made by a Russian group. Russian games always strike me as a little harder than most, or have a sharp uptick in the difficulty level. Not so much here.

Also picked up the latest HOMM, but haven't played it. It had an always online req, but I'm not sure they if they scrapped it. I know Ubisoft started to clue in that folks where wary of buying their games do to the draconian DRM.

Bought a couple other things, forget what they are. So that is a good sign of money well spent!

Ford

Author: TheJTrain Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 35001 of 35942
Subject: Re: Steam Holiday Sale 12/20-1/5 Date: 1/5/2013 1:11 AM
Weekend encore:
A select number of the most sought-after titles from the Steam Holiday Sale will reprise their biggest discounts for two additional days. The Encore Weekend begins at 10am PST on January 5th (Saturday) and run until 10am PST on January 7th (Monday).

Already used a promotional credit and a gift card to get XCOM on Amazon (which included a Steam code so I could just activate it there rather than deal with Amazon's installers), so I'm not sure what I'm hoping to see return on the weekend...

JT

Author: 1971simon Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 35002 of 35942
Subject: Re: Steam Holiday Sale 12/20-1/5 Date: 1/5/2013 2:43 AM
Recommendations: 1
Dishonoured at $30 looks like a deal.

Go buy Mark of the Ninja everyone. It is the best ~$10 you will spend on a game. Thief in a great side scroller.

I will say the key prompts are EXTREMELY annoying because they only give gamepad prompts, even though it knows you aren't using one. If you are though, they would be very useful.

I'm three missions in and LOVING it.

Simon

Author: 1971simon Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 35006 of 35942
Subject: Re: Steam Holiday Sale 12/20-1/5 Date: 1/5/2013 1:56 PM
I will say the key prompts are EXTREMELY annoying because they only give gamepad prompts, even though it knows you aren't using one. If you are though, they would be very useful.

Unplug the joystick and the prompts go back to the keyboard. The games sees the joystick as a gamepad. This was not the first time this was the solution.

MUCH better.

Simon

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (12) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement