UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread
Author: AereoPlain Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 794  
Subject: Re: trendVUE Pro shutting down - other mentors? Date: 10/1/2002 8:45 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
stevieoh,

Thanks for the link to the chat room; I'll check it out. I would like to point out that I basically agree with everything you said in your message. However, I am actually interested in doing more than just "paying someone for trading picks", and in my brief time as a TrendVUE subscriber, I've found that you can get a lot more out of the subscription than simply a list of picks and someone to tell you when to get in and out. I feel that I'm in a stage of my trading career where a mentor or coach could actually help teach me how to fish rather than just giving me a fish, so to speak. I've read a number of books and will continue to read more, but it seems that some things might be learned much more rapidly by watching a good mentor during market hours. It seems that it can be win-win - they get their subscription $ from you, and in return they may save you much more money than the cost of the subscription by helping you to avoid basic mistakes before you make them.

I've actually made only about 2-3 trades (all intraday) in the 2-3 weeks I've been a subscriber to trendVUE. During this time, Teresa and Paul have made probably dozens of trades. What I'm trying to say is that I get a lot more from my sub. by watching them trade than by just blindly mimicking their trades. I see this subscription as a "class" that I'm taking as part of my trading education. As long as I subscribe with the attitude that I'm going to use this material to better myself as an independent trader, then I think I'll be better off for the experience.

BTW, trendVUE does not claim to have some "super secret system" to beat the mkt. They use classic TA and strict money mgmt and risk mgmt principles, and they seem to be concerned with teaching subscribers how to trade for themselves. Maybe they've just suckered me with their slick marketing, but I feel I'm learning how to trade. When I no longer feel that's the case, or when I've learned all they have to offer, I'll cancel my subscription.

Thanks again for the response,
Jason

P.S. Your following statement sums up the very reason why I believe a good trading mentor could be very helpful in futures trading:

Futures can literally wipe you out in less than a day - and I don't care how big your account is.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

Intel's Broadwell Potential
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement