Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: laibach One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 8108  
Subject: Still UGMA/EdIRA restriction? Date: 6/8/2001 11:11 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
With the new tax bill, is there still the restriction on not being able to have both an EdIRA and a UGMA account simultanously for a child?

Laibach
Print the post Back To Top
Author: japper Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3887 of 8108
Subject: Re: Still UGMA/EdIRA restriction? Date: 6/8/2001 12:09 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Laibach,
I think you may be confused, you can have both UGMA accounts (these are custodial accounts) and EdIRA. You cannot have both 529 Plans and EdIRA contributions in the same year. Until I see the final legislation I don't know if both will be allowed to have contributions in the same year.

Jenn/japper

Author: bobw0 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3888 of 8108
Subject: Re: Still UGMA/EdIRA restriction? Date: 6/8/2001 12:19 PM
Recommendations: 1
In 2002, both will be allowed.
See Title IV, Subtitle A, Sec. 401 (g)(2)(D)

Here's the bill:

http://www.house.gov/rules/1836cr.pdf

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement