Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (11) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: MaverickAtWork Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 122  
Subject: Stock of the Day tracking... Date: 4/23/2007 2:09 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Just curious to see if anyone's created additional profiles to solely track their "Stock of the Day" picks...

I've been thinking about creating another account for this, just because it...ummm..."might be fun"... ;-)

Curious if anyone is doing the same, or something in variation.

E
Print the post Back To Top
Author: mycache101 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Global Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 80 of 122
Subject: Re: Stock of the Day tracking... Date: 4/23/2007 2:31 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
E,

Not a bad idea. I suppose you could use your watch list for this. A new account would be cleaner for tracking and letting others see the results, too.

If you do, leave a note here. I'll add you to my fav's over there.
I like the CAPS tracking accounts. They are helpful to me as I try to wrap my brain around all the different ways the information available is useful...

So far I have mixed results with my daily recommended picks. I could add a note that they are the daily recommends in the pitch, or in a reply to my pitch. It would help me remember where they came from 6 months from now.

Julie

Author: MaverickAtWork Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 81 of 122
Subject: Re: Stock of the Day tracking... Date: 4/23/2007 3:16 PM
Recommendations: 2
Hi Julie --

True, I have started to put them in my watchlist, but was thinking it may be cleaner to do the other account...(e.g. I was starting to wonder if it was getting a little out of my control)

Course I'll have to try to keep up with it daily, so that ought to be interesting...

I do like the CAPS tracking accounts well, there sure is a bunch of them out there now :)

My Stock of the Day listing will be "SnowflakeSOD2007" (no relation to the other snowflakes out there ;-))...fwiw. I'm not sure what notes I'll make on the picks or not, but looks like they'll all be Outperform.

I'm trying to think what this will give me in the long run, other than it being a fun exercise...not sure I guess...but I do think it's interesting in that it'll give highly ranked stock picks for whatever my "sepcial sauce" formula choses for me based on my reg CAPs profile...could be good? I dunno...

Also, as I just started the account I realized that I'll also still get "Stock(s) of the Day" based on my "Stock of the Day" list...which could get really interesting [or not] ;-) :)

Cheers,
E

Author: TMFCHarris Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star SC1 Red Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 82 of 122
Subject: Re: Stock of the Day tracking... Date: 4/23/2007 7:00 PM
E,

Could you mention in Snowflake's blog when the Snowflake account and your Maverick account have the same Stock o' the Day? Not that that data is really useful, but it would be interesting to see.

-Chris

Author: mycache101 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Global Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 83 of 122
Subject: Re: Stock of the Day tracking... Date: 4/23/2007 7:30 PM

The Stock of the Day feature reminds me of TIVO when it is set to allow suggestions. Very nice thing to have when there is too much to choose from,
or
it could drive you crazy ;)

jj

Author: DatabaseBob Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Coverage Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 84 of 122
Subject: Re: Stock of the Day tracking... Date: 4/24/2007 12:22 PM
E.,

Where my SODs are covered by Value Line, I've been adding them to my spreadsheet, regardless of whether they currently score well or not - if I'm not following the stock already, that is. So far, nothing has made its way from SOD directly into CAPS, but that may just be a matter of time. It's pretty neat to have my horizons widened.

I always enjoy your posts.

Best wishes,
DB Bob
Peace on Earth

Author: MaverickAtWork Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 85 of 122
Subject: Re: Stock of the Day tracking... Date: 4/24/2007 4:01 PM
Chris --

I can try to do that. I'll guess I'll start getting recs next week once I have 7 picks in the system...

Thanks,
E

Author: MaverickAtWork Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 86 of 122
Subject: Re: Stock of the Day tracking... Date: 4/24/2007 4:45 PM
Bob --

Thanks for sharing and for the compliment :)

I'm intrigued for sure to see how my SODs will perform...so many possibilites I imagine for how one could slice picks and data in CAPs.

Cheers,
E

Author: TMFCramerica One star, 50 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 99 of 122
Subject: Re: Stock of the Day tracking... Date: 9/25/2007 2:50 PM
www.fool.com

Author: TMFCramerica One star, 50 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 100 of 122
Subject: Re: Stock of the Day tracking... Date: 9/25/2007 2:50 PM
www.caps.fool.com

Author: GS751 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 107 of 122
Subject: Re: Stock of the Day tracking... Date: 12/2/2007 6:57 PM
CAPS is good for having different ways to test various porfolios and startegies.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (11) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement