Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
I have some stock options that I might exercise this year (ISO's). I understand how holding them for 18 months will make them a long term capital gain instead of ordinary income. My question is that I just heard about Alternative Minimum Tax. I am not sure exactly what this is, I know it has something to do with if your gain is a certain percentage. Any info would be greatly appreciated. I also read that if you have more than $100,000 that you can exercise in one year they automatically become Non Qualified stock options, any info on that would be appreciated as well.
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.