UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: Ramsees Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 76418  
Subject: Stock Quotes in Excel Date: 12/19/2002 4:14 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Hi gang,

Does anyone out there know how to format an Excel spreadsheet so I can get stock quotes?

Thanks,

Ramsees
Print the post Back To Top
Author: FoolMeOnce Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 35403 of 76418
Subject: Re: Stock Quotes in Excel Date: 12/19/2002 4:56 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 5
Ramsees writes:
Does anyone out there know how to format an Excel spreadsheet so I can get stock quotes?

I don't know what version of Excel you are running, but the process is similar for all recent versions.

On the tool bar:

Select: Data
Select: Import External Data
Select: Import Data
Select: MSN Money Central Stock Quotes
Click: OK
Enter: Stock Symbols

Works like a charm. Imports mutual fund data and indices also.

Regards,
FMO

Author: DoLoop Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 35404 of 76418
Subject: Re: Stock Quotes in Excel Date: 12/19/2002 6:36 PM
Recommendations: 0
On the tool bar:

Select: Data
Select: Import External Data
Select: Import Data
Select: MSN Money Central Stock Quotes
Click: OK
Enter: Stock Symbols

That doesn't seem to be available in Excel 2000 :(

Author: FoolMeOnce Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 35405 of 76418
Subject: Re: Stock Quotes in Excel Date: 12/19/2002 6:51 PM
DoLoop writes:
That doesn't seem to be available in Excel 2000 (/I)

I have been downloading stock quotes I believe since Excel 97. The process may be different, but I believe the capability is there somewhere. You might try Excel Help. Search on "stock" and see if this points you in the right direction.

Regards,
FMO

Author: FoolMeOnce Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 35406 of 76418
Subject: Re: Stock Quotes in Excel Date: 12/19/2002 7:06 PM
You might try this procedure, I found over at the "Spreadsheet Advice" board. As you will see, it is slightly different. Good luck.

http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=10021597

Regards,
FMO

Author: Belgoboy Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 35892 of 76418
Subject: Re: Stock Quotes in Excel Date: 3/12/2003 12:08 PM
That's the best piece of small but very pratical advice I've read in awhile. Thanks.

Author: FoolMeOnce Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 35894 of 76418
Subject: Re: Stock Quotes in Excel Date: 3/12/2003 3:24 PM
My pleasure!

Regards,
FMO

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement