Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: phamtasmic Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 121112  
Subject: Stock spin-off Date: 3/13/2001 2:07 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Lucent spins-off one of its own division (Avaya) and gave shareholders Avaya as a tax free dividend. I believe that reduces Lucent share price. If so, how do I report Lucent price when I sell? Also, when I sell Avaya, should I report the cost of Avaya using the price on the date of the brokerage's statement Avaya was given to me?
Print the post Back To Top
Author: ripwest Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 48340 of 121112
Subject: Re: Stock spin-off Date: 3/13/2001 6:42 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
I have written an article on the tax ramifications of the Lucent/Avaya spin off. You can find it at

http://www.bivio.com/trez_talk/mail-msg?t=4558200003

Good luck,

Rip

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement