Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: fetcho Old School Fool Motley Fool One Everlasting Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 121061  
Subject: stock splits/stock dividends Date: 3/19/2007 6:32 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I was reading your explanation of tax consequences of stock splits and the general definitions of stock splits, stock dividends and stock spinnoffs. You described stock splits and stock dividends and the same beast. In fact, as you undoubtedly know there are differences between a stock split and a stock dividend. I was interested in why you did not define the two correctly.

please e-mail me
Print the post Back To Top
Author: irasmilo Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 93150 of 121061
Subject: Re: stock splits/stock dividends Date: 3/19/2007 6:59 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 5
I was reading your explanation of tax consequences of stock splits and the general definitions of stock splits, stock dividends and stock spinnoffs. You described stock splits and stock dividends and the same beast. In fact, as you undoubtedly know there are differences between a stock split and a stock dividend. I was interested in why you did not define the two correctly.

please e-mail me

Asked on the board, answered on the board. Stock splits and stock dividends (shares of stock given for each share you currently own) are the same thing. Perhaps you are thinking of cash dividends paid on stocks and/or reinvested cash dividends. Each of these is different from splits/stock dividends.

Ira

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement