UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (11) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: courteousTim Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 2237  
Subject: StockCharts Blogs .... Date: 2/5/2009 11:20 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 4
StockCharts.com now has blogs,

http://blogs.stockcharts.com/

Tim
Print the post Back To Top
Author: dnp644 One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2212 of 2237
Subject: Re: StockCharts Blogs .... Date: 11/23/2009 7:01 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Hi Tim,
I would appreciate your expertise. I have been checking out stockcharts.com for quite a while and feel that while extremely happy with my subscriptions, I am looking for some type of assistance with directional movement in both stocks and market direction. Nothing is perfect but I am intrigued by technical analysis as an addition to what I have. Please give your opinion on this service and if you have found it helpful. What is the best subscription to get started with? I really appreciate you help.
Thanks in advance.
Dave

Author: SarahGen Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Ticker Guide Supernova Odyssey 1
Mission Team Member CAPS All Star Global Fool SN Explorer 1 Mission Team Member Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2213 of 2237
Subject: Re: StockCharts Blogs .... Date: 11/28/2009 3:19 PM
Recommendations: 2
It's probably taking Tim awhile to get back to you cause he has a girlfriend now. :) (hi Tim! congrats!)

As to stockcharts.com, I think Tim dumped them in favor of Finviz, but I'm not sure as Tim as has been busy..

I am looking for some type of assistance with directional movement in both stocks and market direction.

btw, there are some free sites that give charts and comments on the market direction. You might want to start there. One is Andy's site:
http://ptv-investing.com/blog/

I learned about this site from Andy's blog:
Unbiased Trading: http://unbiasedtrading.blogspot.com/

For that matter, I should probably check out the other sites Andy has linked.

Sarah

Author: SnowBawl Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2214 of 2237
Subject: Re: StockCharts Blogs .... Date: 12/1/2009 11:53 AM
Hi Sarah.

Author: SarahGen Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Ticker Guide Supernova Odyssey 1
Mission Team Member CAPS All Star Global Fool SN Explorer 1 Mission Team Member Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2215 of 2237
Subject: Re: StockCharts Blogs .... Date: 12/1/2009 7:43 PM
Hi Sarah.

Hi.

Hope things are well in Snowbawlville. Today was such a lovely day in the markets for most everyone I think.

Sarah

Author: SnowBawl Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2216 of 2237
Subject: Re: StockCharts Blogs .... Date: 12/1/2009 10:26 PM
Recommendations: 1
I bought my first momentum stock in forever. It makes the heart pump.

Author: courteousTim Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2217 of 2237
Subject: Re: StockCharts Blogs .... Date: 1/16/2010 3:40 AM
It's probably taking Tim awhile to get back to you cause he has a girlfriend now. :) (hi Tim! congrats!)

hmmmm ... girlfriend????

We got married 12/29 because I love her ... and will now be able to file a joint tax return for 2009.

Tim

Author: Matt1344 Big gold star, 5000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2218 of 2237
Subject: Re: StockCharts Blogs .... Date: 1/16/2010 3:46 AM
"We got married 12/29 because I love her ... "

Congratulations Tim!

All the best and may the good Lord bless your marriage,

Ken

Author: courteousTim Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2219 of 2237
Subject: Re: StockCharts Blogs .... Date: 1/16/2010 3:52 AM
Thanks Ken

Author: courteousTim Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2220 of 2237
Subject: Re: StockCharts Blogs .... Date: 1/16/2010 4:13 AM
Hi Tim,
I would appreciate your expertise. I have been checking out stockcharts.com for quite a while and feel that while extremely happy with my subscriptions, I am looking for some type of assistance with directional movement in both stocks and market direction. Nothing is perfect but I am intrigued by technical analysis as an addition to what I have. Please give your opinion on this service and if you have found it helpful. What is the best subscription to get started with? I really appreciate you help.
Thanks in advance.
Dave

Hi Dave,

You really can't go wrong with StockCharts.com ... I've been very happy with them. You can do quite a bit with them and they have a lot of charting options available. It's easy to post their charts on the message boards and most of the people on the trading boards use StockCharts. There's other charting services available but I think they tend to be more expensive.

FinViz.com has good (free) charts too but you can't do as must customization of the charts (last time I checked).

If you're interested in trading it's best to learn about trading ... think ... how do you manage your bets at the blackjack table.

If you just want to analyze the charts using TA ... you can have a lot of fun with StockCharts at a reasonable price.

Tim

Mission Team Member CAPS All Star Global Fool SN Explorer 1 Mission Team Member Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2221 of 2237
Subject: Re: StockCharts Blogs .... Date: 1/16/2010 10:30 PM
hmmmm ... girlfriend????

We got married 12/29 because I love her ... and will now be able to file a joint tax return for 2009.

well that was the last *I* heard! Not like you've been around much!

But super duper congrats Tim! A good marriage is really just an unbelievable blessing. I'm so glad for you.

Sarah

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (11) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement