UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: RainyDayWoman Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 89145  
Subject: Stop the Auto Video! Date: 9/25/2012 5:35 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 6
It just took me half an hour to get to the places I usually go because every time I opened fool.com those *@!!!! videos would start up with no way to turn them off. Only because I'm stubborn did I ever get to "My Fool". Arrg! Are you trying to run us off?

RDW
Print the post Back To Top
Author: Windowseat Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 87088 of 89145
Subject: Re: Stop the Auto Video! Date: 9/25/2012 6:08 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I start with http://my.fool.com/ and don't have to deal with that anymore.

Nancy

Author: Jeanwa Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 87089 of 89145
Subject: Re: Stop the Auto Video! Date: 9/26/2012 2:45 AM
I start with....

http://boards.fool.com/favoriteboards.asp?source=ifltnvsnv00...

I've never seen a video.

Author: TMFTwitty Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 87090 of 89145
Subject: Re: Stop the Auto Video! Date: 9/26/2012 11:01 AM
Recommendations: 2
It just took me half an hour to get to the places I usually go because every time I opened fool.com those *@!!!! videos would start up with no way to turn them off.

Sorry about that RDW. In our exuberance, we did make it difficult to get to our other content. But I hope it doesn't sour you on our newest free service Invest Better.

http://www.fool.com/fool/free-report/tmf/investbetterday-hom...

Lots of useful information and education there.

Richard

Author: RainyDayWoman Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 87093 of 89145
Subject: Re: Stop the Auto Video! Date: 9/26/2012 3:02 PM
Recommendations: 1
Thanks for the response, Richard, and thanks for turning off the auto-video. I will check out the information on the Invest Better service.

RDW

Author: JeanDavid Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 87095 of 89145
Subject: Re: Stop the Auto Video! Date: 9/28/2012 11:38 AM
It just took me half an hour to get to the places I usually go because every time I opened fool.com those *@!!!! videos would start...

I do not get any videos when I go there...

Firefox ESR 10.0.7

Author: PSUEngineer Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 87096 of 89145
Subject: Re: Stop the Auto Video! Date: 9/28/2012 11:54 AM
Recommendations: 2
I do not get any videos when I go there...

The video problem occurred during a brief period of time before TMF fixed the problem. My guess is that you were not trying to access TMF during that time period. It is not occurring now so it has nothing to do with you using Firefox.

Author: bertm07 Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 87105 of 89145
Subject: Re: Stop the Auto Video! Date: 10/5/2012 2:39 PM
I can't access these new ad pages at all with my Camino browser, just get a spinning wheel and a blank page. I suppose it has to do with the videos trying to launch and if that's the case, have to say the site has been ruined by this new development. I've been very frustrated with this and if I hadn't been around since the beginning I'd throw in the towel, but I have high hopes someone will address this and fix it. My inquiries to The FOOL help hasn't been exactly helpful by the way, they said to try the forum, hence here I am.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement