Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: DNeiman One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 836  
Subject: Re: Buy or bye-bye? Date: 2/10/2000 11:58 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Strange message there, Andrew. The first paragraph sounds like you see no future in the company, then in the rest of it, you state good reasons for staying with them. It sounds like you really DON'T know which way to jump on this one.

By the way, the company agrees with you. They're NOT going to turn around in a week like a ".com" company. But they ARE going to turn around, and are deep in the process of doing so. It's going to take a few quarters--this Q is projected negative--but I think (don't hold me to this; I can't remember) they expect to be cash-flow positive for the overall year.

Your message makes a great case for going to annual meetings, especially of companies you have doubts about. I've gone to several, and always gain useful information about the past year and future prospects that helps me make better (although not always good) investment decisions. In the case of INVX, the meeting was held last week, just down the street from me (yay!), so I went to find out about exactly what you're agonizing over. Basic story is they're in transition (for the nth time, as you mention), to a new business model very heavy on flex circuit prototyping and production. They showed a great graph which indicated how much their business is going to swing towards flex percentage-wise--it's very impressive. The main reason they're in the red last Q and this one is that the company they bought out (Adflex) was near bankruptcy and had stopped prototyping. This caused a dip in revenues which is hitting INVX hardest right now. Their transition out of lead wire (bye! *sob!*) coincided with the gap in revenues from flex circuits, leading to their current low point.

I think you're right; they've done a good job transitioning and a couple of quarters will tell the tale.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Managing Your Wealth
Our own TMFHockeypop from Rule Your Retirement fame on the TV show Managing Your Wealth.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

My Big Fat Greek Splat
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement