UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: JunebugII Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 10398  
Subject: Strategies Date: 12/10/2012 10:45 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I am using Quicken Revision 2010. When we were having our tax preparer complete our 2011 Federal Income Tax last spring, the question came up, how much did we purchase "on-line", i.e., not in a SC store. As of 2011 SC put a new law on the books that SC tax filees have to report "on-line" purchases and then add what would be the "Sales Tax" due from those purchases as a liability to be added and paid if it isn't reduced by deductions.

Is there any way I could flag such purchases, most of which are made with a credit card, and be able to obtain a printout with at least the dollar amount, and if possible, the name of the payor? A totaled amount would also be nice but I can live w/o that by using Excel to obtain the total.

That for any and all help.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: DoLoop Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 10026 of 10398
Subject: Re: Strategies Date: 12/10/2012 11:12 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Create a "Tag" named "On-line Purchases". Every time you buy something on-line, assign this tag to it (like assigning a category to the purchase).

Then at the end of the year run a report that displays (and totals) all entries carrying that tag.

Author: billjam Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 10027 of 10398
Subject: Re: Strategies Date: 12/11/2012 6:50 AM
Recommendations: 1
I commend your honesty. I'll bet most people will say nothing and ignore the new law. Happens that way in my state.

Some online purchases should be easy to track. Everything purchased from Amazon, for example. Others might be a mix. You could be buying both online and in the store from places like Wal-Mart or JC Penney.

Author: Donna405 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 10028 of 10398
Subject: Re: Strategies Date: 12/18/2012 11:23 PM
Recommendations: 0
Hi, June Bug. By the way, that's the name of my precious little dog (part Shi Tzu and part terrier).

This has been a law in SC for at least 4 years. When I was preparing taxes for J-H (stopped 3 years ago), that question was on our program.

Donna

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement