Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: Technodweeb Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 212904  
Subject: Street.com upgrades BRK to buy Date: 10/3/2012 6:30 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I thought they just downgraded a short time back?

http://www.thestreet.com/story/11726020/1/berkshire-hathaway...
Print the post Back To Top
Author: hclasvegas Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 194606 of 212904
Subject: Re: Street.com upgrades BRK to buy Date: 10/3/2012 6:48 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
<< Berkshire Hathaway, Inc. is a publicly owned investment manager. >>

you know what our friend has told us about reporters in the internet age, my guess, the expert is ending his summer job, heading back to high school.

Author: rationalwalk Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 194610 of 212904
Subject: Re: Street.com upgrades BRK to buy Date: 10/3/2012 7:36 AM
Recommendations: 1
At least they now have a prominent warning at the top saying the ratings are computer generated. I do not recall that statement in the past. The text is still comical ... Given the momentum based nature of the system, it is not surprising that they would upgrade after a rise in the price.

Author: Technodweeb Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 194611 of 212904
Subject: Re: Street.com upgrades BRK to buy Date: 10/3/2012 8:12 AM
I have heard that the computer they use is very very smart. Probably a relative of Deep Blue (product of IBM, yes!)

Author: haywool Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 194612 of 212904
Subject: Re: Street.com upgrades BRK to buy Date: 10/3/2012 8:28 AM
Recommendations: 2
Hey there !

I have heard that the computer they use is very very smart.

Computers are just that ... they compute. Smart? Didn't know that they had any intelligence ... they don't think/reason. HEY! I just described my mom ! Now I know ....... :-)

Author: JeanDavid Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 194613 of 212904
Subject: Re: Street.com upgrades BRK to buy Date: 10/3/2012 8:38 AM
it is not surprising that they would upgrade after a rise in the price.

What a neat strategy: buy high, sell low?

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement