Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: ptmcfool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 8206  
Subject: Student Loan Tax Deduction Date: 8/6/1999 11:47 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I am a recent Grad school graduate with over 100k worth of student loans. My current income places me out of range for any current interest tax deductions. My question is, are there any other loans which I can use to pay off my student loans and make the interest payments tax deductible. Currently I do not one a home or have any other debt.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: RecoveringFool Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1069 of 8206
Subject: Re: Student Loan Tax Deduction Date: 8/6/1999 12:19 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
<<I am a recent Grad school graduate with over 100k worth of student loans. My current income places me out of range for any current interest tax deductions. My question is, are there any other loans which I can use to pay off my student loans and make the interest payments tax deductible. Currently I do not one a home or have any other debt. >>

A mortgage or home equity loan is the only one I can think of so you may be out of luck. Margin loans are deductible in some cases but all I know is that there are a lot of rules and I don't use them.

Jacki

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement