UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: lhaselden Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 176552  
Subject: student loans.... Date: 12/5/2012 4:25 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/business/2012/11/mother-inherits...
Print the post Back To Top
Author: ep0001 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 174936 of 176552
Subject: Re: student loans.... Date: 12/5/2012 9:46 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
She shouldn't have cosigned. I have mixed emotions about these things. I feel for her and at the same time, part of me says we can't keep bailing out people when they make a mistake.

Author: lhaselden Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 174938 of 176552
Subject: Re: student loans.... Date: 12/5/2012 10:26 PM
Recommendations: 1
<<
She shouldn't have cosigned. I have mixed emotions about these things. I feel for her and at the same time, part of me says we can't keep bailing out people when they make a mistake.
>>
I might agree with you except our Congress has made it impossible to go through bankruptcy to get rid of student debt.

Author: ep0001 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 174940 of 176552
Subject: Re: student loans.... Date: 12/6/2012 12:34 PM
I might agree with you except our Congress has made it impossible to go through bankruptcy to get rid of student debt.

1. My point was that she shouldn't have cosigned. Most lenders don't require it. If her's did, she should have gone elsewhere

2. The risk of bankruptcy is so high that lenders would not be lending without guarantees that the loan is not dischargeable in bankruptcy

3. On a different vein, most economists agree that Gov't subsidies of anything drives up the cost. This drives up the cost of education, medical devices, etc.

The problem is that even at 1/2 the cost, many could not afford college. There may be no solution.

Author: ep0001 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 174941 of 176552
Subject: Re: student loans.... Date: 12/6/2012 12:37 PM
Here's a reason college costs are high

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/baltimore-city/bs-...

During the election, there was a report that the Univ of California contributed to Elizabeth Warren's campaign

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement