UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (26) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: CCinOC Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 736235  
Subject: Students seek to block Moochelle Date: 4/20/2014 11:04 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 23
Some of the comments are astute and funny.

High school senior forms petition with over ONE THOUSAND signatures against Michele Obama speaking at their high school graduation 'because it would overshadow the students' big day.' Taylor Gifford, 18, started an online petition on Thursday with 1,200 signatures asking that Michelle Obama not speak at Topeka High School graduation. Obama's speech is tied to the 60th anniversary of the U.S. Supreme Court's decision in Brown v. Board of Education outlawing segregation in schools. Some students feel that the speech would overshadow student accomplishments and others feel limited seating will be a problem.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2607817/Kansas-speec...

~ Michelle . . . . we don't want any more of your race baiting . . . . go back to living your in your world of luxury on the American taxpayer . . . we have had enough of your "Oh! woe is me, I used to live this way, freebies are available. Barack and I are here to give you a handout so we own you later" . . . . well it isn't going to work; we want to make it on OUR OWN, not on the American taxpayer as you have.

~ Just another chance for the Chicago Democratic Machine to grind their ax in public, tell everyone what a wonderful job their Post-Turtle-in-Chief is doing, and dazzle the locals with some spin about their glorious future as drones for the State.

~ In most cases, I'm against blocking speakers. Conservative speakers are routinely blocked at most liberal American institutions. However, High School graduations should be about the graduates, not some politician politicking.

~ Yep, a disbarred, opportunistic, unrestrained, AA entitlement queen is not the example we want our children to emulate.

~ If they have more than 1200 signatures out of student body of 1800, I think Michelle needs to find a "scheduling conflict."
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (26) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

The Future, or What's Left of It
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement