UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: andryia Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 3513  
Subject: Stuff :( Date: 12/18/2007 11:08 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 4
I am worried about my DH.

DH's father died last week. FIL had been living on borrowed time with emphysema and heart problems and all, but it was still a shock. DH didn't get to the hospital in time to say goodbye, and I think that bothers him. I am learning that death does weird things to the people left behind.

Case in point, we lost power for a couple days last week. Not nearly as long as it could have been, but still a major pain the butt at a really bad time. When we came home from Cordell, DH decided we needed to throw out everything in the fridge--even stuff that I had put in the garage where it would stay cold. I started to argue but in the end decided it wasn't worth it. Then he decided he would wipe down the empty fridge. Normally I would be excited about him volunteering to do this, but he wasn't in a good state of mind. He removed one of the glass shelves and put in in the sink under hot running water. Yep, cold glass under hot water. It shattered into a million pieces all over the kitchen. There were some dirty dishes in the sink, so we had to slowly remove the broken glass from the baby bottles and the coffee mugs and the spaghetti sauce pan. And sweep and sweep the floor. Not fun, and DH's attitude made it even worse.

DH missed work for most of last week and now is trying to catch up. I think this is probably a good thing, even though he is stressed out about that too. I keep telling him to be patient with himself, but he just blows me off with negative comments like "The work doesn't care."

Thank you notes. We had lots of them to write because DH is an only child, and we didn't want MIL to do them all herself. Trying to keep the kids quiet so DH could concentrate was not fun. DH obsessing over spelling and wording was not fun either. At one point he just started crying. I told him I would take over, but he didn't want me to. I suggested that he just do a few each day, but he wanted to get them over with. What do you do with a man who is breaking up inside but won't accept help? Just hug him, I guess. That is what I did, anyway.

Your prayers would be appreciated. Thanks for letting me vent.

Andrea
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Managing Your Wealth
Our own TMFHockeypop from Rule Your Retirement fame on the TV show Managing Your Wealth.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Clorox Isn't Cleaning Up
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement