UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: ogrecat Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 37183  
Subject: stuff Date: 10/21/2000 9:59 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I keep getting rid of stuff; I'm bringing in very little stuff; there is never any shortage of stuff. Does this stuff reproduce when locked away in dark rooms?
Print the post Back To Top
Author: reader99 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1900 of 37183
Subject: Re: stuff Date: 10/22/2000 3:11 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
I keep getting rid of stuff; I'm bringing in very little stuff; there is never any shortage of stuff. Does this stuff reproduce when locked away in dark rooms? <?i>

It's my opinion that we get more of things we are mentally/emotionally willing to let go of. Did you ever really, really want something, and stay mentally wound up about it, and when you didn't get it, eventually said, Oh, well, I can do without that. And next thing you know, you get it.

I spent my teens, 20s and 30s wanting Stuff and making lists and shopping and acquiring and somehow never felt like I had everything I wanted. Now, since I began to declutter and get rid of Stuff and put greater importance on non-material aspects of life, I can't shovel the stuff out of here fast enough. And I don't bring much in either.

Kind of like the way a cat will run from someone trying to pet it, but seek attention from someone who ignores it. If we ignore Stuff, we always seem to attract as much or more of it than we need.

Reader99
Half-baked philosopher

Author: dasone Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1904 of 37183
Subject: Re: stuff Date: 10/23/2000 12:15 PM
Recommendations: 10
I have a theory on this....

STUFF is not an asexual creature so it will not reproduce itself if you put it in a dark room.
However, STUFF aways seems to be irresistably attracted to CRAP. These two usually get married and pretty soon they have a baby and call it JUNK. They were a tight knit family who would spend almost every minute together.
Overtime, though, they eventually would spend more time away from each other as families sometimes do.
STUFF was always happiest in the kitchen where she had piles of cookbooks and drawers of gadgets.
CRAP spent most of his time in the garage tinkering on broken and mostly forgotten electronics.
JUNK would stay mostly in his bedroom, flipping through catalouges, looking for the latest in high-tec gear.

Which is why you always find STUFF piled in the kitchen, CRAP lost in the garage, and JUNK all over the bedroom.

Dasone

Author: wallstar Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1911 of 37183
Subject: Re: stuff Date: 10/24/2000 1:38 AM
I keep getting rid of stuff; I'm bringing in very little stuff; there is never any shortage of stuff. Does this stuff reproduce when locked away in dark rooms?

Yes. Coathangers have always been famous for multiplying. On the other hand, ball point pens have always been famous for disappearing. I have often wondered if there might be a way to cross coathangers with ball point pens, so the pens will multiply instead of disappearing.

Author: eyesofblue Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1914 of 37183
Subject: Re: stuff Date: 10/24/2000 12:24 PM
On the other hand, ball point pens have always been famous for disappearing

oooh yah, Every once in a while - when I'm not even looking, I'll find a small pile of pens hiding out in the bottom of a drawer somewhere - or where you least expect it, like in the bathroom. they just don't like to be on the desk and congregate in other places.

eob

Author: ogrecat Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1915 of 37183
Subject: Re: stuff Date: 10/24/2000 12:25 PM
Recommendations: 1
On the other hand, ball point pens have always been famous for disappearing

oooh yah, Every once in a while - when I'm not even looking, I'll find a small pile of pens hiding out in the bottom of a drawer somewhere - or where you least expect it, like in the bathroom. they just don't like to be on the desk and congregate in other places.

My pens hide under the recliner, cowering in fear of cats.

Author: Selphiras Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1917 of 37183
Subject: Re: stuff Date: 10/24/2000 12:31 PM
Recommendations: 2
Wallstar, I think your pens appear in my house and my clotheshangers go to your house! I need more hangers!!!

Selphiras

Author: FiddleDeeDee Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1919 of 37183
Subject: Re: stuff Date: 10/25/2000 11:05 AM
Wallstar, I think your pens appear in my house and my clotheshangers go to your house!
I need more hangers!!!

I just learned that our dry cleaners will take their wire hangers back (as long as they still have the paper on them identifying the dry cleaners). I just gave them back a bunch of them! It lightened my load and saved the environment at the same time. :D

Well, maybe not saved the environment.... ;)

Andrea

Author: yeilBagheera Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1924 of 37183
Subject: Re: stuff Date: 10/30/2000 11:04 PM
Yep, you did a nice thing.

Taking the hangers to the cleaners where they'll be used again is helping the cycle of use and reuse keep going.

yeilB
whose incinerator is one of those horrible things polluting the Arctic!!

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement