Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: ilovepez Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 133  
Subject: Stuff Date: 7/10/2002 1:42 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 3
This was supposed to be my 250th post, but I used that instead to declare my love for Zafkiel. These things happen.

I got back from the best vacation I have ever had on Friday 7/5. Chris and I spent a day in London, mostly recovering from the flight, before getting the train to Oxford. We rented a canal boat with a few friends from London and sailed (don't know if you can call it sailing since they only go about 3mph) up and down the canal for two days and three nights. Oxford was beautiful, as were the small towns all along the canal. We stopped at about 6 pubs in 3 days! The boat was awesome, it was like an RV with a kitchen and a bathroom onboard. There were no major disasters, we lost our pole (used to push off from the bank) in a brush with a willow tree, but were able to recover it on the way back. Also, I ran the boat into a bridge and snapped the steering stick, but it wasn't my fault...really. Surprisingly, the boat company didn't charge us for the stick, and we returned to London very relaxed. After a quick day of sightseeing in London, Chris and I left for Iceland.

Iceland rocks. I want to move there. It could be that we were there on the hottest day of the year, which made it the perfect weather. It could also be that the guesthouse we were staying in was awesome, and our guide - Johann - was the best person to know if you had to know one person on the entire island. However, I am sticking with my original statement - Iceland rocks. They have great seafood, crystal clear water that you can drink from the river, and beautiful land. We saw volcanos, geysers, waterfalls, and ancient Viking meeting places. We will definately be going back, since two days is not long enough.

The flight back was better than the flight over, and the news we received upon our return to the states was what we were hoping for. The house we have a contract on finally passed all inspections.

We are settling today at 4pm EST. I am useless at work, I am leaving in 15 minutes, and I am a wreck. I will post more after the move (have to be out of apt by 7/22). Keep an eye open for invites to a big-ass pool party :)

Wish me luck!

Becky
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Ubiquiti Analysis
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement