UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: meadeoh Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 2674  
Subject: stuff and guts Date: 11/30/2001 10:23 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 3
ok,here we go again, telling you what to do. don't invest because someone tells you to invest, invest because you want to. so why should you want to? I have no clue, I don't even know you, but if your like I was as a teenager there is something out there in dreamland that you want and the only thing standing in your way of getting it is money. It may be something material like a cool car,something to experience like a trip to austailia, or something you feel necessary for yourself as a person like going to college in san diego to study whales. the deal is to have a goal, something you can picture in your mind and really get off on dreaming about actually having or doing someday. You need to write this down, cut out pictures, visualize. money doesn't do you any good until you spend it. but you have to have it to spend it.
next step is to believe in the benefit of risk. if something is worth having alot, it is worth taking some risk for. how much risk you want to take is as personal a decision as who you really want to go out with on a date. no one can tell you, only you know. this leads up to instinct. TRUST YOUR GUT. all the advice you get from reading, watching and listening to the so called experts is important, but not nearly as important as how you feel about what you are going to do. I have found that usually the first thought or feeling I have about something is my best guide to what I do when I decide to act. This works with investing and just about anything else of importance. my best time for this "gut crystal ball" is when I first wake up in the morning (or afternoon),whatever...the 'gut ball' hasn't been clouded by the days noise and stress. It is all you.
Finally, you don't have to be a genius to see that over time, and that is one thing you have in abundance investment-wise, an investment in the U.S. stock market will make more money for your desired stuff than anything else you could invest it in. In the stock market your money should double every 5 years or so. If you put that money in a bank account you'll be my age (52) before it doubles. If you buy cool clothes or video games it will never double. Think of it as paying yourself.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Teens and Their Money Area
Drop by to learn how to earn more, save more, and (eventually) become a millionaire!
Paying For School Guide
Trying to Tackle Tuition? The Motley Fool's Guide to Paying for School will help you fight those rising education costs.
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

2.1: The Labor Pool Problem
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement