UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (30) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: IndecisiveFool Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 88953  
Subject: Stupid Decision Date: 8/13/2002 11:17 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 186
Bogey,

It has come to my attention that you have permanently banned sofaking6. I think it is a rash decision on your part. Yes, 6 can be a pain in the tushy at times, but she has contributed greatly to TMF over the years. I would not be surprised that many Fools decided to extend their memberships in February due to her presence on these boards.

Recently, you said "We almost never remove someone completely unless we believe they are being so disruptive to the community ecosystem that we're better off as a business and a community with them not here". IMHO, I have not seen anything that would be classified "so disruptive". There have been claims back and forth about private emails and their contents. You have stated before that none of us know the whole story since we don't see every post or private responses to TMF. It is possible you don't know the whole story if those private emails have not been sent to you. It would be prudent to look into this situation further before you permanently ban someone from these boards. IMHO, the current evidence on the boards show that you are wrong.

If anyone should be banned, it should be the person who developed the rec system and accompanying charms. These rating tools have caused more disruption than sofaking6 could cause in a lifetime. Another longtime poster, reallyalldone, made an excellent observation yesterday that you may want to heed. She said "People are jockeying so much to be noticed that any sense of conversation is gone."

IF
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (30) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Community Town Hall
Banter, potshots, and all the stuff we said you can't post on ITF. Why not try it?
Post of the Day:
TMFDeej's CAPS Blog

Name of the Game: Tax Avoidance
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement