Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: ultrabrite Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1001  
Subject: Suave Essay Contest Date: 6/14/2006 12:39 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Dollar General and Suave Offer Students Scholarships Through Essay Contest

Wednesday June 14, 10:18 am ET
More Than $300,000 in Scholarships and Other Prizes to Be Awarded

GOODLETTSVILLE, Tenn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--June 14, 2006--Students can get a head start on financing their college education with a unique scholarship essay contest offered by Dollar General (NYSE: DG - News) and Suave. A 100-word essay on what education means to them and a receipt from Dollar General for the purchase of four Suave products are all students need to enter to win a portion of the $300,000 available in scholarships and other prizes.

"Dollar General has been a longtime supporter of education for people of all ages," said David Perdue, Dollar General's chairman and CEO. "Education can truly change one's life and we are excited about partnering with Suave to help children pursue a brighter future through higher education."

http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/060614/20060614005605.html?.v=1

As a user of Suave shampoo I know it has long stood for good quality at a cheap price. This contest may help boost DG's same-store-sales...

I've been watching the shares drop. Under $15 they appear to offer good value to my eyes, however recent results have been quite disappointing.

How much lower will they go?

JT :-)

Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Foolanthropy 2014!
By working with young, first-time moms, Nurse-Family Partnership is able to truly change lives – for generations to come.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

Economic Implications of Cuba
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement